Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the dates for RBS spring week?

ReputationRep:
    Just a hypothetical question (I havent got them yet): for trading given a choice out of UBS and HSBC which one would you go for and why? I know it's HSBCs first time doing a spring week but are they a better bank in terms of trading and career prospects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeonflux)
    Anyone know the dates for RBS spring week?
    26-30th March

I think they have another as well but not sure on the dates for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    26-30th March

I think they have another as well but not sure on the dates for that.
    Actually, could anyone who's in the know post the dates for each IB. Also, would it be logical to think that the dates will be the same as they were last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soczek322)
    Just a hypothetical question (I havent got them yet): for trading given a choice out of UBS and HSBC which one would you go for and why? I know it's HSBCs first time doing a spring week but are they a better bank in terms of trading and career prospects?
    HSBC has the better FICC franchise. UBS has the better Equities franchise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    HSBC has the better FICC franchise. UBS has the better Equities franchise.
    Just out of interest, how would you rank equities trading at each place? EDIT: I mean across all BBs.

ReputationRep:
    I am having a PwC phone interview this week and I am worried about the commercial awareness questions. I really have no experience with such interview so I cannot even imagine how this would be asked and what answer is expected of me. What kinds of topics are acceptable? Something recent about the EU zone or China? Or do they want more specific, business-related, like how there are new regulations in consultancy or tax or whatever? I do read FT and the Economist occassionally but I don't follow all the little news about financial services. What and how shall I prepare? I would greatly appreciate any resonse and sorry if this is the wrong place, did not wanna start a new thread

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by course101)
    Has anyone actually been rejected from GS?
    I am still waiting. Had my final round last tuesday.
    But it's odd cause some people from this forum had theirs 2 weeks ago and... still no news...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone actually been rejected from GS for IBD?

Also is anyone still waiting to hear from MS - I havent even had a phone interview yet lol..........

ReputationRep:
    BAML technology offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erklam)
    I am having a PwC phone interview this week and I am worried about the commercial awareness questions. I really have no experience with such interview so I cannot even imagine how this would be asked and what answer is expected of me. What kinds of topics are acceptable? Something recent about the EU zone or China? Or do they want more specific, business-related, like how there are new regulations in consultancy or tax or whatever? I do read FT and the Economist occassionally but I don't follow all the little news about financial services. What and how shall I prepare? I would greatly appreciate any resonse and sorry if this is the wrong place, did not wanna start a new thread
    It's possible that they'll ask you to pick a commercial issue that you find 'interesting', or 'that affects Pwc' so be prepared for that. Anything will do. They know that you won't have detailed knowledge about every business issue, so just read the FT for a few days before and you should be fine.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Sockpirate)
    So...I emailed UBS out of frustration last night not really expecting a reply. To my surprise, when I checked my emails this morning, they had replied. Annoyingly however, it was the oh so generic:

Thank you for your email and your interest in UBS. We have had an extremely high volume of applications this year and apologise for the delay that this has caused. * Your application is currently being reviewed by our recruiting team and you will be contacted when a decision has been made within the next two weeks. We appreciate your patience in this matter. *

Considering that the AC is in a week, I don't get how they can say that they'll tell me within the next "two weeks".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WHITKA)
    BAML technology offer!
    congrats! phone interview on thursday! any specific tips on how to prepare for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomasK)
    Just out of interest, how would you rank equities trading at each place? EDIT: I mean across all BBs.
    Different banks have different strengths. For example, MS has the #1 Commodities Franchise., but if you want to trade credit BarCap ranks amongst the top, and for Emerging Markets desks HSBC is top of the street.

For equities, UBS has the #1 overall franchise in Europe, followed by CS and MS, then BAML & DB. But on the flipside GS & BarCap are easily the two strongest FICC houses in Europe, followed by DB & JPM. The point is different banks have different strengths, so the best bank to work for depends on what you want to trade.

ReputationRep:
    BOAML Phone Interview tomorrow, any hints and tips?

ReputationRep:
    How technical is the RBS technical interview? Anyone had one and got any advice? How long are their interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    So...I emailed UBS out of frustration last night not really expecting a reply. To my surprise, when I checked my emails this morning, they had replied. Annoyingly however, it was the oh so generic:

Thank you for your email and your interest in UBS. We have had an extremely high volume of applications this year and apologise for the delay that this has caused. * Your application is currently being reviewed by our recruiting team and you will be contacted when a decision has been made within the next two weeks. We appreciate your patience in this matter. *

Considering that the AC is in a week, I don't get how they can say that they'll tell me within the next "two weeks".
    Oh that's so frustrating - generic emails are just annoying fingers crossed you hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    Many people heard back from MS post AC?

ReputationRep:
    CS offer. they rang yesterday.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.