The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4160
email UBS offer
Reply 4161
Original post by birdy303
email UBS offer

Congrats! Did you have a phone interview?
I guess they send offers through emails and maybe call to reject... I assume that I didn't get an email so rejection coming soon....
Original post by chris_jo
UBS Insights offer.

heyy congratz :smile:

one question, did you post this immediately after you got the offer? (i assume they let you know via telephone)

because i have missed a phonecall like some 25 minutes ago and i have a strong reason to believe that it could be them..
my telephone provider could not locate the number and said that it is probably from outside of my country..
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone know the phone number for UBS regarding internships?

Still haven't heard back from Horizons after submitting essay
Reply 4165
i think that they must send the emails out in batches, because I got mine about an hour after chris_jo, so if you haven't received one yet it's not necessarily something to worry about yet.

Good luck everyone!
yep i had a phone interview last monday
Original post by keynesismyhomeboy
UBS offer

congratz!

telepohone or email?
Reply 4167
UBS offer. Email.
Original post by WHITKA
UBS offer. Email.

did you have an interview/AC?
Reply 4169
Original post by viksta1000
did you have an interview/AC?

5 minute phone interview last week.
So jealous... UBS is my last lifeline.... I really don't want to end up with nothing
Original post by WHITKA
5 minute phone interview last week.

lol what do you mean a 5 minute phone interview?

What could they ask in 5 mins...
Reply 4172
Original post by course101

Why UBS/why IBD/S&T/Tech + We'll contact you in due course.
Reply 4173

As in it lasted 5 minutes..

Why UBS, what do you know, why tech.. biggest achievement.

5 questions in 5 mins, rapid fire round!

When I had mine they played this in the background after asking each question

Original post by Marc Fiorano

lol u crack me up
Reply 4176
Original post by Salvius
Congrats! Not exactly looking forward to the phone interview...seems rather more awkward than a face to face one! Did they stick to competency qs? A lot of qs about the firm itself? Thanks :smile:

They extremely stick to the competency questions. The way she started was something like: So, we have these 6 (or so) competencies and I will be asking you about these. (http://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student/applicationprocess/interview_competencies.jhtml) >>Here they are.

She indeed said that: Now, I'm going to ask about your competency to lead and contribute to team success"..."now we will move onto another area, demonstrating courage and integrity".
So, as you can see, it is all competency questions. But is also ONLY these. So don't prepare questions like weaknesses or strengths as they are unlikely to ask those. Instead, read these and answer them. Get at least two examples for each, she asked two integrity questions from me. They ask the questions that are on their website word for word! So, really no excuse if you cannot give an answer.

Also, I really didn't feel I did well overall but what I did well was that I stopped talking when I was done with the story. Do NOT keep on rambling about stuff-simply stop when you feel you're done. There is gonna be an awkward silence for a shorter or longer period but do not worry about it. Stop speaking. Period. Don't think of it as an awkward silence. You should have the feeling of : "yes, I know what I'm doing, and I'm done with this story. Your turn, dear recruiter, say something." Keep my word for this. I don't know what else if not this technique got me into this programme:smile:

They didn't ask any questions about PwC (that's not usually the case). She only asked: "What is your understanding of the programme you are applying to". It is an interesting way I think to ask this question. Also, commercial awareness-wise, she simply asked how I keep up-to-date with the news. I just told her I get the free Financial Times from my uni and I just subsribed for the Economist. That's it. They didn'y even ask a specific piece of news, even though I had some good ones prepared:P

Good luck lemme know if you have more questions.
Original post by Marc Fiorano

so ure interview only lasted 2.5 minutes?
its true. UBS said the interview should last up to 15 mins but they only ask 3-5 questions so they can be as short as 5 minutes
Reply 4179
Original post by soczek322
its true. UBS said the interview should last up to 15 mins but they only ask 3-5 questions so they can be as short as 5 minutes

Have you had an interview? / what division you going for?

Latest

Trending

Trending