The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4260
A friend now got the offer for GS IBD now aswell.. Not looking good...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Industrious Orca
I love how you state that as fact when you've probably never worked in HR of a bank, you've probably only ever asked application questions of HR whenever you've been speaking to them, and i doubt you've actually met HR from every bank to be able to say that every bank HR ALWAYS works until at least 6pm.

:congrats:
Reply 4262
Ahh hope fades by the day for GS...still 'reviewing' my app. Anyone think there's a chance of later interview dates? :s-smilie:
Reply 4263
Original post by Salvius
Ahh hope fades by the day for GS...still 'reviewing' my app. Anyone think there's a chance of later interview dates? :s-smilie:

I'm hoping but seriously doubt it by the sounds of things.
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Anyone heard anything from GS GIR?

actually interested as well
Reply 4265
Original post by er1ksson
A friend now got the offer for GS IBD now aswell.. Not looking good...

I guess it's all over now! :frown::frown::frown:

To those that have offers, how do you feel your interview went and were you asked any technical questions?

Thanks and congrats! :frown:
Original post by Industrious Orca
I love how you state that as fact when you've probably never worked in HR of a bank, you've probably only ever asked application questions of HR whenever you've been speaking to them, and i doubt you've actually met HR from every bank to be able to say that every bank HR ALWAYS works until at least 6pm.

Something to do with the fact that i've had 6 emails from 4 HR departments between 5 and 6 pm...? Do you care to say that HR leave at 5 during recruiting season...?

HAHA. you're the guy who said he had a GS offer before xmas! They don't give out interviews until Jan! FAIL.
Original post by twinkl
I guess it's all over now! :frown::frown::frown:

To those that have offers, how do you feel your interview went and were you asked any technical questions?

Thanks and congrats! :frown:

GS are a ridiculous tho - they miss out half the good applications and inform everything after most offers have been given out - they just accept oxbridge - if they wanna do that - I wish them the best - most oxbridge people - most but not all have no commercial sense and are full of academia with no life:smile:)))
Reply 4268
Original post by course101
GS are a ridiculous tho - they miss out half the good applications and inform everything after most offers have been given out - they just accept oxbridge - if they wanna do that - I wish them the best - most oxbridge people - most but not all have no commercial sense and are full of academia with no life:smile:)))

I agree that they wait a longer than most and probably miss out on a fair number of excellent candidates.

But saying they only accept Oxbridge, or mostly Oxbridge is just a bit ignorant really. And further claiming that Oxbridge students are just academic is even worse. Most students at most universities aren't cut out for academia. Succeeding in academia is much harder than succeeding in IB, and the rewards (for most) aren't as great.

:facepalm:

And you know this, how?
Original post by bella.lake
Something to do with the fact that i've had 6 emails from 4 HR departments between 5 and 6 pm...? Do you care to say that HR leave at 5 during recruiting season...?

HAHA. you're the guy who said he had a GS offer before xmas! They don't give out interviews until Jan! FAIL.

Totally unrelated to anything but the guy in question does actually have a GS offer.
Original post by Doughnuts!!
:facepalm:

And you know this, how?

Because most normal people are not called doughnuts, nor are they tsr demigods, nor ps helpers with 5,634 posts.

Thats how I know :smile:
Original post by jamz0770
Totally unrelated to anything but the guy in question does actually have a GS offer.

In which division? I've yet to find anyone whos had an FO interview before january inn the last 3 years...
btw guys ... does anyone know is gs will be holding any more interviews in IBD?
Original post by username1991
btw guys ... does anyone know is gs will be holding any more interviews in IBD?

I think they are holding one more - I heard from a friend they are giving interview invites later this week - to be interviewed next week
I think they are holding one more - I heard from a friend they are giving interview invites later this week - to be interviewed next week

thanks
Original post by Doughnuts!!
:congrats:

What? I genuinely found it amusing. Maybe it's being locked away trying to write essays making me go mad...
Reply 4277
If some ppl got offered from GS at 7pm, let's say that HR will continue doing so tomorrow. They said to me that we will hear from them in the beginning of this week so hopefully tomorrow more offers will come.

As for me, if I don't have any news by tomorrow night, I will consider being rejected from GS.
Original post by bella.lake

I just found it amusing that you were parading the statement around the forum like it's fact. I'm sure that a fair number of people in HR work a general 9-5. I won't say that as fact though cause i have never asked HR that question before - I don't particularly care how much they work.

I have an offer for a SUMMER INTERNSHIP.

I will clarify. My spring week applications:

JPMorgan: IB and IB Risk - Had to withdraw as my CV says i graduate in 2014, and my transcript says 2013.

BarCap - Waiting after tests; can't do spring week for reason above anyway.

BP - Pre-interview Rejection.

I didn't apply to GS for a spring week as i was having summer internship interviews with them at the same time; turning in a memorable (obviously as they picked it out) CV for both SI and SW would not have worked. I was wondering about changing my course to an MSci and therefore applied to banks that i have not interviewed with before - JPM and BarCap. I then received my offer from GS and decided that there was no way i was changing to the MSci (i would only change to get a better offer anyway), and hence i cannot complete a SW as my CV (the one sent to JPM and BarCap) says i graduate in 2014, and my transcript will say 2013. This would be picked up in the screens before they hire you, and i wouldn't get on, and probably would be blacklisted for putting incorrect information on my CV.
Reply 4279

wow REALLY??? is the source really reliable?? *praying hard it is*

Latest

Trending

Trending