Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I sent off applications in late November and got a few numericals, interviews etc. pretty quickly. Some of them were followed by rejections, two of them by offers. However, there are like 6-7 (CS, BOA, BNP, Goldman, BARCAP, ICAP, Citi) which I either had numericals or haven't heard anything. At first I thought it's a good thing not being part of some rejection rounds, but now I feel like they just forgot about me or they might think my applications are jokes to that extend, that they can't even bother replying. Has anyone an idea, what to do and if there is any chance I am still being considered?

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salocincon)
    Hi guys,

I sent off applications in late November and got a few numericals, interviews etc. pretty quickly. Some of them were followed by rejections, two of them by offers. However, there are like 6-7 (CS, BOA, BNP, Goldman, BARCAP, ICAP, Citi) which I either had numericals or haven't heard anything. At first I thought it's a good thing not being part of some rejection rounds, but now I feel like they just forgot about me or they might think my applications are jokes to that extend, that they can't even bother replying. Has anyone an idea, what to do and if there is any chance I am still being considered?

Cheers!
    Pretty much in the same situation. I think quite a few people here are too.

I think it's just the bank just kinda randomly picking batches and then looking at who is good enough. Why both going through 1000 applications when you can go through 200 and still find good candidates? It's cost efficient, saves time, it makes sense. Sucks for us though.

I haven't heard from CS, GS, BNPP, Citi, UBS and maybe another one or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Pretty much in the same situation. I think quite a few people here are too.

I think it's just the bank just kinda randomly picking batches and then looking at who is good enough. Why both going through 1000 applications when you can go through 200 and still find good candidates? It's cost efficient, saves time, it makes sense. Sucks for us though.

I haven't heard from CS, GS, BNPP, Citi, UBS and maybe another one or two.
    ye I agree - but I only think gs, ms, citi and ubs seem to operate like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by course101)
    ye I agree - but I only think gs, ms, citi and ubs seem to operate like this.
    In that case would you say it'd be better for us to have applied at the very beginning or at the very end? Or it doesn't change a thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerem026)
    In that case would you say it'd be better for us to have applied at the very beginning or at the very end? Or it doesn't change a thing
    from what I have gathered - at the end - I applied to MS in July lol - was overly keen and just got rejected yesterday - and same situation with other banks too.

ReputationRep:
    Any news from GS SEC today?

ReputationRep:
    YES! Offer from GS IBD.

Really happy with my offers, got 5 of them now. But I am going to do GS and MS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomasK)
    Any news from GS SEC today?
    gs tend to only make replies from 6pm normally - from what I gathered..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by course101)
    from what I have gathered - at the end - I applied to MS in July lol - was overly keen and just got rejected yesterday - and same situation with other banks too.
    oh ok. it's weird though, they keep saying "apply as early as possible " when it comes to summer internships , i thought it'd be the same for SW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by er1ksson)
    YES! Offer from GS IBD.

Really happy with my offers, got 5 of them now. But I am going to do GS and MS.
    Congrats, did you hear today and at what time?

ReputationRep:
    Got the call like one hour ago! I had almost given up, since I saw that many here got offers yesterday. But there is still hope for those waiting to hear!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's just random re: early vs late. Who knows?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by er1ksson)
    Got the call like one hour ago! I had almost given up, since I saw that many here got offers yesterday. But there is still hope for those waiting to hear!
    Did you ask how many places there are per division?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't, but a friend who works there said that there are about 40-50 places for IBD and SEC.

ReputationRep:
    A buddy of mine got a rejection phonecall from gs yesterday so there is still hope if you haven't heard post interview...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    A buddy of mine got a rejection phonecall from gs yesterday so there is still hope if you haven't heard post interview...
    They call to reject as well?.....awkward

ReputationRep:
    Did your buddy have exploding offers?

I thought rejections would come in the form of email:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twinkl)
    Did your buddy have exploding offers?

I thought rejections would come in the form of email:confused:
    That's what I thought but apparently they were very nice about it.

edit: yes he did have an exploding offer

ReputationRep:
    That's what I thought but apparently they were very nice about it.

edit: yes he did have an exploding offer
    Perhaps that's why he got a phone call as opposed to an email.

What division did he interview for?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    securities

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.