Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dman12)
    How many SWs are those with multiple offers thinking of doing? I currently have 4 and have no clue how many to pick/which ones?
    Depends on the banks you have - I would stay away from Nomura and BNPP!

If the banks you have are running at different times I would do ALL of them, it only increases your chances of converting one.

If they do collide and you are picking - dependant on the role you're going for, I would go for a desk that is 'growing' again increasing your chances of conversion.

N.B if you don't know that info about desks send emails to any contacts you know at the firms *all part of networking lol*!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBITDA.3)
    Depends on the banks you have - I would stay away from Nomura and BNPP!

If the banks you have are running at different times I would do ALL of them, it only increases your chances of converting one.

If they do collide and you are picking - dependant on the role you're going for, I would go for a desk that is 'growing' again increasing your chances of conversion.

N.B if you don't know that info about desks send emails to any contacts you know at the firms *all part of networking lol*!
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomasK)
    Why?
    To get the info about increasing desk size, to get a higher conversion rate SI/FTO?!

GS GIR is definitely sending out offers now.

ReputationRep:
    Recommending to do 4 1 week internships. Not sure if serious.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    PwC Insight Academy and KPMG First year Tax internship offers. Still haven't heard back from GS Securities....would just like a rejection so I can go about confirming the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogmatichurricane)
    PwC Insight Academy and KPMG First year Tax internship offers. Still haven't heard back from GS Securities....would just like a rejection so I can go about confirming the others.
    PwC April is full up...you able/willing to take the summer slots (assuming you were planning to accept their offer)?

I had to turn it down with the condition that if an April slot came up I'd take it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dman12)
    How many SWs are those with multiple offers thinking of doing? I currently have 4 and have no clue how many to pick/which ones?
    I guess if u have goldman + MS; go for them...appears nicer on your cv s well

ReputationRep:
    Any news from GS today?

EDIT: NVM........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applications)
    Yeh HSBC got back to me.
    what did they say?

ReputationRep:
    Any news from GS today?

EDIT: NVM........
    why nvm?

ReputationRep:
    I got an IBD offer from BAML today

ReputationRep:
    GS SEC rejection, gutted

Good luck to anyone still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    how does the process of fast tracking from spring to summer look in barcap, cs, gs and boaml?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capval)
    Did you have a telephone interview? Or was it a straight offer
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts)
    PwC April is full up...you able/willing to take the summer slots (assuming you were planning to accept their offer)?

I had to turn it down with the condition that if an April slot came up I'd take it.
    Actually booked an April slot when I received the offer so that's sorted. Now need to negotiate dates with KPMG if I intend to do that too.

GS Securities rejection just came in haha so looks like its MS and PwC for spring as of now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capval)
    what time did you get it?

ReputationRep:
    got BAML offer today

(30 min ago)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milanftw)
    got BAML offer today

(30 min ago)
    my interview was on tuesday and I'm still waiting to hear, i was feeling confident but now i'm literally shaking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twinkl)
    GS SEC rejection, gutted

Good luck to anyone still waiting.
    Yup, same here, and I thought I did good.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, same here, and I thought I did good.
    I thought I did good too, no idea what GS were looking for specifically:confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.