Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone knows if RBS is still running AC's? My application still has a "
    Your application is under consideration" status

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get an email fro Barcap saying that they've filled all their applications and therefore cannot consider your application anymore?

Abso rubbish. Need effing work experience!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw3)
    Did anyone get an email fro Barcap saying that they've filled all their applications and therefore cannot consider your application anymore?

Abso rubbish. Need effing work experience!
    yeah, got the same mail.

ReputationRep:
    Deutsche Bank Scholarship Offer!!!

And yeah - RBS filled up originally, but then not enough people accepted the offers so there is another AC this Friday (a final one).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedski)

And yeah - RBS filled up originally, but then not enough people accepted the offers so there is another AC this Friday (a final one).
    Holly ****! Congrats! I'll send you the details where to send my side of the split via PM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedski)

Congrats, just wondering what kind of students get these, what subject do you study and which if any Spring Weeks are you down for?

ReputationRep:
    i still havent heard from BNP!

think theres still a chance?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard from BNP either.

By looks of things they have given some rejections and some offers. They might be done with recruiting now tbh.

Missed a call from blocked earlier too which always psses me off.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys does anyone know of any good websites to practice brainteasers?

ReputationRep:
    Whose up for making a Citi Certificate in Finance 2012 group??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportycricketer)
    Whose up for making a Citi Certificate in Finance 2012 group??
    Yes! I'd love to know who's in this..since I am doing it also

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone apply for the Mckinsey Discover program? Have you heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueladybird)
    Did anyone apply for the Mckinsey Discover program? Have you heard anything?
    Ahhh, waited for the deadline to pass, smart.

Nothing as of yet. I wonder how many people actually applied, heard it's supposed to be a fun weekend.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TomasK)
    Ahhh, waited for the deadline to pass, smart.

Nothing as of yet. I wonder how many people actually applied, heard it's supposed to be a fun weekend.
    You'd be surprised....competition for it is far greater than for GS/JP/MS spring weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogmatichurricane)
    You'd be surprised....competition for it is far greater than for GS/JP/MS spring weeks.
    Wow, after hearing stories of people not even including CLs and still getting in I thought it would be at least marginally less competitive.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Anyone do this?
    ive started it, have a few good ideas,
    but havent finalized the thing and dunno if ill send it.. deadline is like in an hour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Anyone do this?
    Was intending to, but the topic seemed a bit broad for my liking, so I would have ended up guessing whether they'd like something flowery or IB-related.

ReputationRep:
    This thread seems to have died down now.. but for people with springs weeks/or interview(ed) do you know of any schemes which are open to A-level students?

Also, is it pivotal to have some form of banking/finance experience prior to starting university in order to get a spring week?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TomasK)
    Wow, after hearing stories of people not even including CLs and still getting in I thought it would be at least marginally less competitive.
    I'd put that down purely to luck. Besides they're quite clear on their form that CLs are completely optional. Unlike spring weeks (solely limited to first years and second year students of a 4-year course), McKinsey's Discover is open to all penultimate year students as well. They have fewer places than BBs to add to that.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.