Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I submitted my MS spring app and have done the numerical test. However when you log-in to your account, there's no hint that you have submitted your application, unlike the other bank's website where they allow you to track correspondence with the bank. Is this what you see in your account (for those who have applied to MS)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melsonchun)
    Hi, I submitted my MS spring app and have done the numerical test. However when you log-in to your account, there's no hint that you have submitted your application, unlike the other bank's website where they allow you to track correspondence with the bank. Is this what you see in your account (for those who have applied to MS)?
    Yeah, I can't see my application either. But they email you so don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Yeah, I can't see my application either. But they email you so don't worry.
    Thanks! I was getting worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogmatichurricane)
    Just got my invite too....probably taking it tomorrow.
    Where does the DB one take place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ough789)
    just got the invite for deutsche bank tests.... anyone done it?
    what division?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hackett)
    what division?
    well I applied a week ago for IBD. I guess DB doesn't invite everyone for tests because the wording of the email suggests it:

"Dear (my name)

I am delighted to inform you that your application has been progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process. We would like to invite you to complete a numerical reasoning test on-line, which you can access using this email."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ough789)
    well I applied a week ago for IBD. I guess DB doesn't invite everyone for tests because the wording of the email suggests it:

"Dear (my name)

I am delighted to inform you that your application has been progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process. We would like to invite you to complete a numerical reasoning test on-line, which you can access using this email."
    I'm quite sure that this is an automatically generated email. "Dear "@first name",...".

But good luck for the tests!

Once again: where takes this spring week place from DB? Singapore? Frankfurt? London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jevira)
    I'm quite sure that this is an automatically generated email. "Dear "@first name",...".

Once again: where takes this spring week place from DB? Singapore? Frankfurt? London?
    none of the SW are abroad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    none of the SW are abroad
    The SW I applied for at DB would have taken place in Frankfurt - so there are SW abroad.

ReputationRep:

yes, of course it will be automatically generated! You wouldn't imagine the HR people to type out an email for each candidate would you?!

I believe it is taking place in London.

ReputationRep:
    The SW I applied for at DB would have taken place in Frankfurt - so there are SW abroad.
    If you pick UK as the country for when you search for internship vacancies, its based it London. If you picked Germany, it will be in Germany. Most candidates here, if not all, are UK
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Where does the DB one take place?
    Mine's for the London office.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    Most candidates here, if not all, are UK
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raphael_R)
    No
    Where are u from? Where have u applied?

ReputationRep:
    I'm Swedish, have just started to send in my applications and plan to finish them in the next week. Did quite some preparation work in september, just need to review my CV and CLs before I submit them.

ReputationRep:
    How much time are people spending on CL's?

I was under the impression that big IB's don't really look at them, so I've put hardly any effort into mine (plus I really cba)

Yeh, allow BNP Paribas, an essay......jeez

ReputationRep:
    Put more effort on your CV, if this one isn't good, they won't even open your CL.

I've taken and modified to my circumstances the CL sample from mergersandinquisitions.

Btw: the essay was the reason why I didn't send my app to BNPP

ReputationRep:
    Application for JPM is submitted, that was the quickest one so far, 3 pages? Anyone who has received any feedback yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raphael_R)
    Application for JPM is submitted, that was the quickest one so far, 3 pages? Anyone who has received any feedback yet?
    Out of curiosity do JPM send a numerical/verbal test straight away like others or do they wait? I'm yet to apply but just wondering. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, for the JP Morgan app, it only specifies that we need to submit a CV not a CL, are any of you guys submitting a CL with the CV to increase your chances of getting an offer?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.