The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Is JPM Kenexa or SHL based?
Reply 661
Hi !

Does anyone know what happens if we pass the numerical test of JPM ?

Is there another stage before interviews in London?

Best,

Jeremy
Does JPM make you sit the numerical again & AC or is it just the interview ? Anybody know about this ?
Reply 663
It says that they might ask you to take the test again at the interview at their discretion.

According to the email, they will start screening people, taking the numerical as an initial benchmark, and then make decisions on whom to invite to the interview.

Interviews will take place in the first few weeks of January.
Reply 664
lol, the JPM test was so easy compared to UBS/CS/MS ones. 25 min for 18 questions...
Reply 665
RBS logical was quite challenging. No idea if I did well enough! Tbh, I prefer numerical...
Reply 666
Anyone heard back from UBS? I completed the tests about one month ago and didn't get any response since then.
The realisation that the MS deadline is in fact on the 12th December and not on the 31st as I somehow have noted down.

Panic!
Just to tell everyone who is delaying putting an application in. Get them in before the christmas break. Although some deadlines are January, HR will take them home and read them over the holidays. And whatever you do; don't fail the numerical tests, copy and paste your covering letter or have a CV any longer than one page.

As regards, timeline for recruiting. I know that DB will not start formally interviewing etc. until after christmas. Good luck, SWs are great things to do, such an advantage/opportunity to get fast tracked to a summer.
Reply 669
Original post by stevenjohnh
Just to tell everyone who is delaying putting an application in. Get them in before the christmas break. Although some deadlines are January, HR will take them home and read them over the holidays. And whatever you do; don't fail the numerical tests, copy and paste your covering letter or have a CV any longer than one page.

As regards, timeline for recruiting. I know that DB will not start formally interviewing etc. until after christmas. Good luck, SWs are great things to do, such an advantage/opportunity to get fast tracked to a summer.

if i get all my applications in by the end of next week will that be ok do you reckon? I've sent in my MS and JPM ones just need to do the tests for both :smile:
**** i got one problem in jpm numerical test wrong...
Original post by jevira
Is JPM Kenexa or SHL based?

It is SHL based
Hey, I have submitted some of my applications but not all due to my upcoming exams. I was just asking if that even if we submit our apps in late december and early january, there will still be a fair chance at receiving an offer, or is it advantageous to submit early?

Also, I have found that in the US a 1 page CV is a must, but in the UK some firms prefer a 2 page one, I have a lot of content to include, and all the important previous internships and academic results are on the first page, hence even if I submit a 2 page CV, if the 2nd page is unread it will still be ok right, or is it better to cut out some of the less important sections and only send a 1 page one?

Original post by a10realmadrid
Hey, I have submitted some of my applications but not all due to my upcoming exams. I was just asking if that even if we submit our apps in late december and early january, there will still be a fair chance at receiving an offer, or is it advantageous to submit early?

Also, I have found that in the US a 1 page CV is a must, but in the UK some firms prefer a 2 page one, I have a lot of content to include, and all the important previous internships and academic results are on the first page, hence even if I submit a 2 page CV, if the 2nd page is unread it will still be ok right, or is it better to cut out some of the less important sections and only send a 1 page one?

Never more than 1 page. MDs have one page CVs, why can't a 1st/2nd year student? Get rid of irrelevant experience. December is okay. January you are starting to disadvantage yourself.
GS says two pages is OK. I've heard that from two different recruiters.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
GS says two pages is OK. I've heard that from two different recruiters.

No.

Do you want to be an 'OK' candidate?

I have heard 1 page from GS (recruiter on campus and a mate who is an EM FX trader), know for a fact as a DB campus ambassador, CS's head of IBD HR (when interning, we got lectured on it!!), JPM (as a successful intern applicant), RBS (Moveable feast), MS (VP in IBD who does recruiting).

If you are in HR and have a thousand applications to go through. Will you pick the one page CV, with everything concise, relevant and well presented? or the two pager, with every activity the person has ever done, from primary school musicals to 50m swimming badges?

They will pick the lesser workload. Each CV only gets 20-30 seconds. That is only really enough time to read/skim one page.
No.

Do you want to be an 'OK' candidate?

I have heard 1 page from GS (recruiter on campus and a mate who is an EM FX trader), know for a fact as a DB campus ambassador, CS's head of IBD HR (when interning, we got lectured on it!!), JPM (as a successful intern applicant), RBS (Moveable feast), MS (VP in IBD who does recruiting).

If you are in HR and have a thousand applications to go through. Will you pick the one page CV, with everything concise, relevant and well presented? or the two pager, with every activity the person has ever done, from primary school musicals to 50m swimming badges?

They will pick the lesser workload. Each CV only gets 20-30 seconds. That is only really enough time to read/skim one page.

When I said OK I meant 'acceptable'. My CV is one page long. I was just stating that I've heard from GS HR people that they don't mind a two page CV; as long as the information is relevant.
Reply 677
Is the MS test only a numerical or it there a verbal/logical/number checking as well?

Thanks.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
When I said OK I meant 'acceptable'. My CV is one page long. I was just stating that I've heard from GS HR people that they don't mind a two page CV; as long as the information is relevant.

Glad to hear your CV is 1 page. You are right that a 2 pager is not an automatic rejection, but it just means the second page will get less attention.

So they say in public, but what about when they actually have to sift through them all?.... I doubt very much anyone apply to 1st year spring weeks can have 2 pages of relevant experiences.

Networking is vastly more important than CV/CL/Application process. If someone thinks they can work for 20 hours a day and then still chill out with you for a beer afterwards then you are on the right track.... lol
Reply 679
Original post by NapoleonXV
**** i got one problem in jpm numerical test wrong...

How do you know?

Latest

Trending

Trending