Spring Weeks 2012 Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ram92
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by eco1234)
sorry to hear that, deutsche bank is probably one of the most competitive though.

ive just sent my app but ive not much hope haha. how long after you submitted did you recieve tests? and was it for markets of IB? which type of test is it... please say kenexa waaaay prefer them :P
I prefer them too
chris_jo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LawQC)
just got rejected for deutche bank - wtf lol - i thought that was my best numerical test
(Original post by ough789)
DB rejection here too =)
When did you two apply?

Cheers,

Chris.
implus
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is anyone going to the Goldman Sachs STEM Symposium this Thursday?
ough789
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chris_jo)
When did you two apply?

Cheers,

Chris.
like a good 4 or 5 weeks ago. I completely forgot i had even applied!!
eco1234
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
is it ok to put an employees name on your cover letter that has inspired you? they did a speech that i went to and i really liked one specific thing they mentioned about the bank. i am writing about that element of the bank now and want to say it was strongly endorsed by this person is that ok do you think?
Ray_Han
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
is it ok to put an employees name on your cover letter that has inspired you? they did a speech that i went to and i really liked one specific thing they mentioned about the bank. i am writing about that element of the bank now and want to say it was strongly endorsed by this person is that ok do you think?
Yes, it is a good thing to do this. It shows that you have a specific interest in that bank, and have shown this by going to one of their events.
LawQC
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chris_jo)
When did you two apply?

Cheers,

Chris.

I applied early October - but this is actually ridiculous how i got rejected -not being arrognat lol - but i thought i got 100% in the test and my application was very strong ..hm ,,, maybe they only take a few people unlike the proper bb's lol
mcp2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LawQC)
I applied early October - but this is actually ridiculous how i got rejected -not being arrognat lol - but i thought i got 100% in the test and my application was very strong ..hm ,,, maybe they only take a few people unlike the proper bb's lol
why u mad tho? if you were such a strong candidate think of it as their loss!
Industrious Orca
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LawQC)
The tests don't mean a huge amount when you can get up to the top end (a good score doesn't get you an interview, whereas a bad score will lose you an interview). I finished my BarCap test with 100% using 10 minutes out of 18 for summer internships this year, and i got rejected 2 weeks later.
miml
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Also got a rejection from DB. Meh.

Phone interview for jane street tomorrow though
eco1234
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by miml)

Phone interview for jane street tomorrow though
do you have to be a 2nd year to apply to jane street?
miml
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
do you have to be a 2nd year to apply to jane street?
I am a 2nd year... on a 4 year course. At the presentation I was told it doesn't matter what year you are in, if you are good you get the internship.
Hidan99
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by implus)
Is anyone going to the Goldman Sachs STEM Symposium this Thursday?
I registered for it but got a reply saying it was "full"
Industrious Orca
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
Wow, that's pretty tough. I'd expect something like that for summer internships but for spring weeks!? I better read some books then
This was a summer internship interview; but the interviewers can ask you whatever they feel like, so be prepared for questions that are a bit technical; especially at places like CS, DB, BNP etc. The European ones have more of a reputation for giving you technical questions than the Anglo-american ones. In my experience, this is true.
Focus08
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by viksta1000)
WOS is probably the hardest module tbh, but still not too bad

all the rest are pretty piss!
Have you had any help with your apps, seeing as there is no finance soc + no BB networking events?
viksta1000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Focus08)
Have you had any help with your apps, seeing as there is no finance soc + no BB networking events?
there is a finance society and yes we've been getting help with our apps, we've had 17 workshops so far, mostly from EY, Citi, Accenture & PwC, although we had one from McKinsey too

there's been plenty of BB networking events, about a third of which have been joint university programmes with LSE, Imperial and UCL and the rest which were solely for KCL
Outsanity
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just done the tests for JPM and MS, I found the latter slightly easier despite the shorter time which was Kenexa I think, is this the general pattern with Kenexa and SHL tests?
i_hate_teeth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by miml)
Cabine Sono Qui
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by i_hate_teeth)
Last edited by Cabine Sono Qui; 6 years ago
mcp2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Outsanity)
Just done the tests for JPM and MS, I found the latter slightly easier despite the shorter time which was Kenexa I think, is this the general pattern with Kenexa and SHL tests?
Yeah brah, did DB and MS on same day as both were Kenexa and there were repeat questions and some even had the same answers
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (445)
91.56%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (41)
8.44%

Watched Threads