The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marc Fiorano
I think it might differ quite a lot from bank to bank because some tests kill the mind whilst others are relatively straight forward. I think RBS test has a pretty low pass mark because it's pretty difficult.

Yeah of course its just a generalisation :biggrin:
Original post by woods.vanessa
Yeah of course its just a generalisation :biggrin:

Let's hope it's true! I would love for the pass marks to be ~70%. That would mean out of say 20 questions you can get away with getting 6 wrong!
Its tough getting these applications in whilst looking for something for the summer as well. Double the applications to make. I know its not vital but it will be a huge bonus. Hoping to find anything relevant in finance tbh.
Reply 843
Original post by Industrious Orca
The tests don't mean a huge amount when you can get up to the top end (a good score doesn't get you an interview, whereas a bad score will lose you an interview). I finished my BarCap test with 100% using 10 minutes out of 18 for summer internships this year, and i got rejected 2 weeks later.

Ye I know the tests dont mean much - but I have a very strong application - ive heard deutche bank only let 10 people in for the spring week which is ridiculous.

Ive done jp morgan - was quite simple - pushed a bit for time,

MS is by far one of the easiest so far,

UBS was quite easy too.

Havent had goldman sachs' ones yet

Deuthce bank i found easiest - but got rejected lol

Does any1 know whether citibank and bank of america have numerical tests?
Reply 844
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Its tough getting these applications in whilst looking for something for the summer as well. Double the applications to make. I know its not vital but it will be a huge bonus. Hoping to find anything relevant in finance tbh.

are u in the first year -banks dont offer summer for first years..?

have you managed to find anything for the first year summer internships or anything related to it?
Original post by LawQC
are u in the first year -banks dont offer summer for first years..?

Yes I am, and I know they dont. You just have to look around Boutiques and other small advisory firms etc.
Original post by sportycricketer
have you managed to find anything for the first year summer internships or anything related to it?

Yes i have. I've only just applied to them though, so I'm playing the waiting game..
Yes i have. I've only just applied to them though, so I'm playing the waiting game..

which ones are there if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by LawQC
Ye I know the tests dont mean much - but I have a very strong application - ive heard deutche bank only let 10 people in for the spring week which is ridiculous.

Ive done jp morgan - was quite simple - pushed a bit for time,

MS is by far one of the easiest so far,

UBS was quite easy too.

Havent had goldman sachs' ones yet

Deuthce bank i found easiest - but got rejected lol

Does any1 know whether citibank and bank of america have numerical tests?

I have a feeling that GS don't use tests.
I dont think citi have tests as well
which ones are there if you don't mind me asking?

Its through my uni careers service. I dnt know the name. i just looked at the job role end applied
Reply 851
nomura, credit suisse, jp morgan, hsbc, morgan stanley and UBS test today and tomorrow to do!

ughhh

the tests aren't difficult, but the timing is!
Reply 852
do we need to submit a cover letter for HSBC??
Reply 853
Original post by Milan.
nomura, credit suisse, jp morgan, hsbc, morgan stanley and UBS test today and tomorrow to do!

ughhh

You have a nomura test? When did you apply? I haven't heard anything from them yet :s-smilie:
Original post by Ray_Han
You have a nomura test? When did you apply? I haven't heard anything from them yet :s-smilie:

Original post by Milan.

ughhh

I don't have a test from HSBC or Nomura either :s-smilie:
Original post by eco1234
do we need to submit a cover letter for HSBC??

No, just answer the competency questions
Reply 856
I don't have a test from HSBC or Nomura either :s-smilie:

HSBC do an "initial screening" before inviting you for a test. Not sure what it involves, but it took 3 weeks approx before the sent me the test.

Finally applied to RBS. Don't think I'll bother with BNPP so that means applications are done and the only thing left to do is wait.
Just got raped by the MS test. The difficulty was perfectly fine, just really pushed for time.

Had 1 minute to go, 4 questions left. fml :sigh:
Original post by Marc Fiorano
Just got raped by the MS test. The difficulty was perfectly fine, just really pushed for time.

Had 1 minute to go, 4 questions left. fml :sigh:

Reply 859
Does anyone know how long it takes MS to get back to you once you've done the numerical test?

Latest

Trending

Trending