Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    Isn't it funny that your only contribution to this thread is utter garbage or fabricated stories?

We can all sugar coat stories mate but I'd rather share my real experience of the applications, that's the point of this thread.

I'm not delusional enough to say something nonsensical like an email from a firm asking me to take the test means "they're practically gagging for me to finish my application asap so they can review my mighty profile lolz :ahee:"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rc18)
    Does anyone know how long it takes MS to get back to you once you've done the numerical test?
    Somebody a few pages ago said they were invited to a phone interview a month after doing the test.

ReputationRep:
    From last year's thread, we should hear back from all these places from Jan 10th onwards. Otherwise, nothing much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    Isn't it funny that your only contribution to this thread is utter garbage or fabricated stories?

We can all sugar coat stories mate but I'd rather share my real experience of the applications, that's the point of this thread.

I'm not delusional enough to say something nonsensical like an email from a firm asking me to take the test means "they're practically gagging for me to finish my application asap so they can review my mighty profile lolz :ahee:"
    If I was in your position I'd probably think I was lying too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rc18)
    Does anyone know how long it takes MS to get back to you once you've done the numerical test?
    After I did mine, it took about 3 weeks until they tld me I had a phone interview. Still waiting on the result of the phone interview though....

ReputationRep:
    You're an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    And on the test I did not answer 2 questions. So do not think that they are only interviewing people who got like all the questions right

ReputationRep:
    I know that people tend think that what I_hate_teeth says is crap, but I personally think that he is actually quite similar to me in terms of how he has approached a career in IB.

Most people on here, seem to beleive that the only way to get into the industry is through application form after application form. It quite frankly is not, I have 2 Spring weeks lined up already and although I had to prove my worth, I didn't touch an application form. It was through networking quite extensively with people I had very lose connections with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSquareMile)
    I know that people tend think that what I_hate_teeth says is crap, but I personally think that he is actually quite similar to me in terms of how he has approached a career in IB.

Most people on here, seem to beleive that the only way to get into the industry is through application form after application form. It quite frankly is not, I have 2 Spring weeks lined up already and although I had to prove my worth, I didn't touch an application form. It was through networking quite extensively with people I had very lose connections with.
    Having personal contacts is a different thing to bullsh*tting!

ReputationRep:

Good stuff.

ReputationRep:

There's a lot of people who approach IB this way. I am, and I'm sure others are too, trying to do the same to get something sorted for the summer. However, I am not bragging/being a **** about it (partly because I haven't got very far at all). There is a difference between humbly saying you met so and so who seemed interesting and has recommended you vs "yeah, got headhunted, they were practically begging for me"

ReputationRep:
    If you were in my position you wouldn't be thinking an automated reminder from a bank sent to everybody on the mailing list is actually a way of them begging you specifically to apply for them.

Nor would I be foolish enough to try and convince others that headhunters are investing so much effort to get a kid a spring internship. I mean if you're going to lie, at least make it believable. So naive.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the purpose of this thread is to share our experiences on the process - we want to hear if/when someone got invited to an A, and when they applied. We want to hear how people found each test, etc.

We dont want to hear people chat rubbish about getting in through personal contacts or having brunch with the richest man in the globe.

Sounds pathetic, but it does get me (at least) down when I_Hate_Teeth and Co. yap about stuff that's irrelevant to the rest of us. I apologise that I am not the son of Lloyd Blankfein, but I just want to get into the industry and this is the best way at this point in time.

On that note, do you guys think applying now to Deutsche is too late? I know I am well before the deadline, but they may only take on earlier applicants etc...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not bull****ting or bragging. In fact I'm holding back on a lot of info.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not bull****ting or bragging. In fact I'm holding back on a lot of info.
    Ironic. The first sentence is not true i.e. bull****. The second sentence actually is indirect bragging. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Look at a recent post by I_Hate_Teeth in the Summer internship forum:

'Interview Invite'

Reply: Where?

I.H.Teeth: Where? Not saying

I enjoyed that.

ReputationRep:
    seriously you are pathetic. your prob some low life that thinks his bad just because your behind a computer screen. ill tell you this for nothing theres ALOT of better qualified people than you and scumbags like you will undoubtedly get found out in interviews in any case

ReputationRep:
    lol scumbag

PB told me to be more thoughtful. I'll refrain from being 'boastful' although I don't see it that way...I'm just as surprised as some of you are...I never imagined i'd accomplish half the things that I have since starting University.

ReputationRep:
    Don't feed the troll!

ReputationRep:
    lol scumbag

PB told me to be more thoughtful. I'll refrain from being 'boastful' although I don't see it that way...I'm jutst as surprised as some of you are...I never imagined i'd accomplish half the things that I have since starting University.
    if you've 'achieved' so much tell you all what you have achieved so we can all judge you correctly??

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.