Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, I think the UBS website has something against me, that's twice my "saved draft" has dissapeared. Why can't they just use the a normal application system?

ReputationRep:
    Hey people,

I avoided applying as long as i could. Now i've realised that some banks start taking students in before the deadlines. Does it mean that most of the places are already taken? Is there any sence in applying now? What are the chances to get in? ..

Secondly, what do they want? I mean, decent grades, top uni, fancy hobbies??

Thanks, guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Outsanity)
    Urgh, I think the UBS website has something against me, that's twice my "saved draft" has dissapeared. Why can't they just use the a normal application system?
    happens to me all the time, all my drafts have gone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Outsanity)
    (Original post by sportycricketer)
    happens to me all the time, all my drafts have gone
    It might be to do with the browsers you're using. Have you tried using a different one?

I use Google Chrome but most of the banks sites have been appalling on it, switched to internet explorer for the apps and the problems have gone. Might be worth a try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    It might be to do with the browsers you're using. Have you tried using a different one?

I use Google Chrome but most of the banks sites have been appalling on it, switched to internet explorer for the apps and the problems have gone. Might be worth a try.
    oh right! i've been using Safari on my mac! Might be the problem, worth using firefox do you think?

ReputationRep:
    oh right! i've been using Safari on my mac! Might be the problem, worth using firefox do you think?
    IE and Firefox are the two browsers most banks recommend on their sites, so try it out it might fix the problem. I've been getting all sorts of errors on chrome like blank drop down lists etc.

ReputationRep:
    The UBS site is odd. You have to find your way back to the 'Home' page and the saved drafts should be there. By default it starts a new application.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, I thought that too, already switched to IE with no luck!

But just sent mine off, third time lucky eh? But the whole UBS application was just different to everywhere else, so slow.

ReputationRep:
    for the barclays applicaiton and this question:

Tell us about a recent Barclays banking innovation. This could be in technology or customer services.

does this mean just barclays investment banking division (barcap) or the bank as a whole including retail?

I've got a possible answer but not sure about it

ReputationRep:
    IE and Firefox are the two browsers most banks recommend on their sites, so try it out it might fix the problem. I've been getting all sorts of errors on chrome like blank drop down lists etc.
    Do you think now is too late to be sending off apps? I get that many deadlines are a long way away, but surely banks will look at those who applied earliest? Please tell me what you think!

ReputationRep:
    can you submit another application if you withdraw the application by the same firm?

ReputationRep:
    And on that note, how long after submission does DB send out tests?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, just wondering how long should the main body of a cover letter be? I'm thinking around 300 words, is that about right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashabedford)
    Do you think now is too late to be sending off apps? I get that many deadlines are a long way away, but surely banks will look at those who applied earliest? Please tell me what you think!
    Not too late. As you may have read on this thread,most of us still have quite a few applications to submit. The earlier the better obviously but mid-December is fine. You've missed the deadline for Morgan Stanley but you'll be fine for most of them

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys going about all these apps? I was thinking 2 per day so I'll be done by the weekend but that's no easy feat (as I found out today)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eco1234)

Tell us about a recent Barclays banking innovation. This could be in technology or customer services.

does this mean just barclays investment banking division (barcap) or the bank as a whole including retail?

What branch of Barclays are you applying to? I don't remember that question being on the Barcap application.

Either way, the question seems to be phrased to incorporate its retail branch.

ReputationRep:
    can you submit another application if you withdraw the application by the same firm?
    I know for a fact Goldmans will not allow you to restart an application after withdrawing. I therefore assume its the same for the rest of the banks who have that option to withdra since they are using the same web system
    (Original post by eco1234)

Thats not Spring Insight, at least not for BarCap

ReputationRep:
    Aside from the list in the first post and Nomura, are there any other places that offer Spring Weeks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Aside from the list in the first post and Nomura, are there any other places that offer Spring Weeks?
    HSBC. I think it's the first year they are doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    I know for a fact Goldmans will not allow you to restart an application after withdrawing. I therefore assume its the same for the rest of the banks who have that option to withdra since they are using the same web system

Thats not Spring Insight, at least not for BarCap
    really? bloody hell haha.... ok obviously im not applying for the right thing

what are the questions asked in spring week? if you cant remember a rough idea would be great if you can remember please

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.