Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drizzzy)
    Have you or anyone else got an interview for iCap?
    only sent it yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drizzzy)
    Have you or anyone else got an interview for iCap?
    I'm working there in my gap year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ram92)
    Yeh, i have a phone interview on thursday.
    How long did it take ms to get back to you after the tests?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Do UBS not want me to take their tests or something?

I try on Google Chrome (default browser) and it says I can't. Try Internet Explorer, can't. Err...?
    Had the same problem.

Internet Explorer 9 can be made to work this way:
    Open IE 9.
    Press the ALT + T keys to make the Tools menu appear.
    Select Compatibility View Settings.
    On the next page at the bottom, place a check in the Display all websites in compatibility view check box.
    Click Close.
    Then login and to complete your tests

ReputationRep:
    About to do the RBS logical test.

I suck so bad at these kinds of tests, ah well. Anyone got any kind of practice for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    :eek4:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF U-

I started UBS an hour ago, got to the UBS specific questions and then left it so that I could do some research later on today.

WHO THE HELL MAKES A SITE LIKE THAT? AAAAAAAAAARGH. :rant: :banghead:
    If you think you're angry wait till you hear what happened to me last night.

I was up till 2am doing it (last section with the questions took a long time to answer due to research). I think I'd spent 2 hours in total doing it. Finished the final section, clicked 'next' and it directs me to a page saying "error" :banghead:

Then it asks me to log in again, and it directs me to the first page of the application which is BLANK. So I've got to do it all over again
    Fortunately I saved my answers on word so I should have it completed in 10-20 mins now, but still very frustrating.

Just a tip for anybody who's yet to do the UBS app, be sure to save your answers separately in case the site messes up (likely).

ReputationRep:
    Lol, just did the logical.

I'd be happy if I got 3 or 4 right. XD

ReputationRep:
    Lol, just did the logical.

I'd be happy if I got 3 or 4 right. XD
    I'd be happy with 1 to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an HSBC telephone interview? Experiences?

ReputationRep:
    Gah, UBS do a logical test too.

I know it's just an easy way to screen people out but it's quite silly. I wanna go ahead and claim that Warren Buffet or Peter Lynch or any other famous trader probably wouldn't even do great on these tests.

ReputationRep:
    Gah, UBS do a logical test too.

I know it's just an easy way to screen people out but it's quite silly. I wanna go ahead and claim that Warren Buffet or Peter Lynch or any other famous trader probably wouldn't even do great on these tests.
    Logical tests are designed to test analytical skills. These are VITAL for great traders, at least as important as numerical. If you can'y spot patterns and use information to solve problems....FAIL as a trader...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Has anyone had an HSBC telephone interview? Experiences?
    How long does it take for HSBC to send the numerical tests out after submitting your app?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilly xx)
    Logical tests are designed to test analytical skills. These are VITAL for great traders, at least as important as numerical. If you can'y spot patterns and use information to solve problems....FAIL as a trader...
    Lol **** that ****.

Big difference between these and actual trading.

And just a tip, there is more to trading than technical analysis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilly xx)
    How long does it take for HSBC to send the numerical tests out after submitting your app?
    I got the invite to the test 3 weeks after applying. Then an email saying I'd passed 1 week after. Then a call asking for a telephone interview the week after.

This is for the Spring week in IBD not for their summer internship for 1st years (which I think might be in retail banking?)

ReputationRep:
    Lol **** that ****.

Big difference between these and actual trading.

And just a tip, there is more to trading than technical analysis.
    Of course they're completely different, but the underlying skills are the same.
    Go and ask a bank if they care how analytical you are...then you'll understand why they give these tests.
    Also, say you're talking about the psychological element of trading, it's still about identifying behaviour and market patterns/trends.

ReputationRep:
    did UBS tests last week - i think i got thru because i got an email saying they would let me know straight away if I failed - but I havent received an email - UBS is the only bank that doesnt interview I think )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    I got the invite to the test 3 weeks after applying. Then an email saying I'd passed 1 week after. Then a call asking for a telephone interview the week after.

This is for the Spring week in IBD not for their summer internship for 1st years (which I think might be in retail banking?)
    Aaah thanks! I'd heard they do a prelim screening before sending the tests out, just wanted to make sure! I did UBS and CS SW's last year ( before realising I wanted to do the 4 year course) and the phone interviews were more of a chat and completely competency...so just be clued up on them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    did UBS tests last week - i think i got thru because i got an email saying they would let me know straight away if I failed - but I havent received an email - UBS is the only bank that doesnt interview I think )
    You had an MS interview right? How long did it take for them to get back to you after tests and when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    Me too. But I'm waiting now since 1 month or so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jevira)
    Me too. But I'm waiting now since 1 month or so...
    lol ye we will probs be waiting for a long while - since they don't interview - they will probs let us know in february.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.