Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Where's Trading in that?

And isn't "Sales" just a joke?
    I meant 'Sales and Trading.' Apologies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroTro)
    In general, Sales & Trading is most competitive. Then IBD. Then all the rest are significantly easier (Research, HR, Operations etc)
    Link to stats proving this?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Industrious Orca)
    Link to stats proving this?
    Known fact that S&T always has fewer spaces than IBD....that's universal to all the BBs not just Goldman. The no. of applicants to both are roughly the same but the no. of places makes S&T moderately more competitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milan.)
    start ticking off them rejections

Deutsche Bank
    HSBC

im just counting on credit suisse, i think i did the best application for them
    How long did it take for them to reject you?

ReputationRep:
    Where's Trading in that?

And isn't "Sales" just a joke?
    Are you taking the P***

If you are fortunate enough to be sitting on a trading desk, you'll soon realise that without the Sales desk, you would get no bloody orders to trade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilly xx)
    How long did it take for them to reject you?
    deutsche bank 3 days

hsbc, i think pretty much instantly, few hours after doing their strange competency test thingy

ReputationRep:
    Got an email from RBS which I thought first was an invite for AC or interview then realised it wasn't - sad times. Just says I met the requirements for tests and they are now short-listing people who have done so for interviews/AC (if I understood correctly).

ReputationRep:
    Got an email from RBS which I thought first was an invite for AC or interview then realised it wasn't - sad times. Just says I met the requirements for tests and they are now short-listing people who have done so for interviews/AC (if I understood correctly).
    when did you complete the tests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    when did you complete the tests
    Few days ago.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Does it say something along the lines of you're qualified for an AC invite but they are still unable to confirm if you've progressed to the next stage because of limited spaces?

Received this at 9.25am in case you got the same e-mail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogmatichurricane)
    Does it say something along the lines of you're qualified for an AC invite but they are still unable to confirm if you've progressed to the next stage because of limited spaces?

Received this at 9.25am in case you got the same e-mail.
    Yeah, I got this email the other day as well.

At least we passed the logic tests!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, guess we all got same email.

I had just woke up when I read it and got quite happy. Just re-read it before and realised... it's not bad news but still.

ReputationRep:
    how did you guys prerpare for the RBS logical?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eco1234)
    I didn't, and it probably showed in how badly I did.

Honestly, the requirements must be low because I did really badly on both RBS tests.

It's not SHL or Kenexa so can't even practice there. I guess general logical test practice may be of use but in the end I think either you will do well or not regardless.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't and I don't think you can.

Honestly these tests are a bit silly as I can't see how they test anything relevant to the job. Numerical/verbal I understand, but spot the next shape?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't, and it probably showed in how badly I did.

Honestly, the requirements must be low because I did really badly on both RBS tests.

It's not SHL or Kenexa so can't even practice there. I guess general logical test practice may be of use but in the end I think either you will do well or not regardless.
    ok thanks! there are 2 RBS tests? I thought it was only logical.. .is that for GBM banking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    I didn't and I don't think you can.

Honestly these tests are a bit silly as I can't see how they test anything relevant to the job. Numerical/verbal I understand, but spot the next shape?
    thanks, is it just logical for rbs gbm banking?

ReputationRep:
    RBS logical was a joke! i think i got 5 correct! those with interviews/ac's what score did you think you got?

ReputationRep:
    thanks, is it just logical for rbs gbm banking?
    Yeah I think it's just logical for GBM Banking, I only got logical and I applied to banking, but those with the numerical as well (at least on TSR) are applying for markets.

I don't think I got more than 5 either. The first few were relatively easy. Then it got ridiculously hard and I had to look at patterns across diagonals and crazy rotation patterns.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, did you guys to a Covering Letter for DB? They ask for a CV and Covering Letter to be uploaded as one document but then ask you all those questions at the end which are practically what I've written in my Covering Letter Should I just lift them straight from it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.