Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied to the Insight Academy at PwC? Got the telephone interview?

ReputationRep:
    Been 4 weeks since applying to MS and haven't heard anything. Anyone else who applied around that time still waiting to hear?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wait my bad, not ICAP.

I meant PWC. They don't do a one-week spring week right? Just found one day events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    Oh wait my bad, not ICAP.

I meant PWC. They don't do a one-week spring week right? Just found one day events.
    Christ, how did you get mixed up with the 2.

No they dont, the only Big 4 that has a spring week is KPMG. PWC and E&Y have inight/leadership academy programmes. Deloitte, as far as i know, has nothing for first years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel3)
    Yeah, I don't think Citi or BofAML have tests since their spring weeks are just 'events' and not actual internship programs.
    Hi, the citi event that represents the equivalent of the spring week of other banks is named Citi quest ? isn't it ? they have so many programs, i'm a little lost !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerem026)
    Hi, the citi event that represents the equivalent of the spring week of other banks is named Citi quest ? isn't it ? they have so many programs, i'm a little lost !
    Citi Quest and Citi Certificate are the only ones for 1st year equivalents for SWs if I recall.

ReputationRep:
    Correct

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an answer from JPM after submiting the online numerical test ?

They said the interviews would be the first weeks of January, i would have thought they would give us an answer quicker than that !
    Are u sure its first week of Jan?

ReputationRep:
    What were Citi thinking when they thought about naming their insight days as "Certificate in Finance"

I mean, really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroTro)
    That's what it says in the email. Hopefully we hear from them this week, given HR will probably go home for christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    What were Citi thinking when they thought about naming their insight days as "Certificate in Finance"

I mean, really?
    Its just a glorified version of the spring week but without the shadowing. So all the presentations and lectures you attend, a certificate at the end of it will make it worth while in their view

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    Its just a glorified version of the spring week but without the shadowing. So all the presentations and lectures you attend, a certificate at the end of it will make it worth while in their view
    Can you apply to both that and Citiquest?

I want a certificate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    Can you apply to both that and Citiquest?

I want a certificate
    I could give you a certificate thats more useful. According to the citi website. During the three days at Citi, you will be given opportunities to gain an overview of Citi, enhance your knowledge of Citi’s different business areas, and obtain skills to help you get through the assessment process at Citi.

I dont know about you but i think the program should be named certificate in Citigroup, not finance

ReputationRep:
    I could give you a certificate thats more useful. According to the citi website. During the three days at Citi, you will be given opportunities to gain an overview of Citi, enhance your knowledge of Citi’s different business areas, and obtain skills to help you get through the assessment process at Citi.

I dont know about you but i think the program should be named certificate in Citigroup, not finance
    certificate in finance looks better on your cv lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportycricketer)
    Anyone applied to the Insight Academy at PwC? Got the telephone interview?
    It says I've secured an interview, but they're really busy/full up atm, so they're still looking for an available interview slot....

ReputationRep:

Haha yeah it doesn't too appealing tbh. With that description I don't think it will benefit those in a position to apply for SW, probably more suited to those who literally have no clue what an IB does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroTro)

(Original post by miml)
    That's what it says in the email. Hopefully we hear from them this week, given HR will probably go home for christmas.
    First WEEKS of January, not first week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 24craigour)
    First WEEKS of January, not first week.
    Thanks, that's what I suspected. Thanks for clearing it up
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Soooooo...

Interesting news from me.

The verbal test for CS was the EXACT. SAME. ONE that I did for a Santander internship last year Like, every question was the same. I decided to go through that process as a joke and to use it as practice for future applications. Didn't know that it would be this helpful, though!

That being said, I probably somehow still managed to mess it up AND I completely bombed the numerical so you guys shouldn't panic and think I'm some sort of threat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    Soooooo...

Interesting news from me.

The verbal test for CS was the EXACT. SAME. ONE that I did for a Santander internship last year Like, every question was the same. I decided to go through that process as a joke and to use it as practice for future applications. Didn't know that it would be this helpful, though!

That being said, I probably somehow still managed to mess it up AND I completely bombed the numerical so you guys shouldn't panic and think I'm some sort of threat.
    was it shl? Do they send the test automatically?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.