The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by Industrious Orca
You would only swap once. You won't be interviewed by every single interviewer in the department lol

wot do u mean? - are u saying we are only interviewed by one person each time - because from what i gathered from people last year it was 2 (mayb that ws for the summer internship)...
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
I'm sure these banks have more than 1 person in their HR to carry out interviews

Only place i've ever been interviewed by HR was Lazard; and they have a rigorous 3 stage process, so a first stage HR isn't too bad. Most places have actual bankers interviewing you.
Original post by LawQC
its not HR - its associate or vice president..

Well I'm sure they still have those in abundance
Reply 1383
has anyone applied for Deutsche bank's start-up scholarship - do we need to submit a cover letter?
Original post by eco1234
has anyone applied for Deutsche bank's start-up scholarship - do we need to submit a cover letter?

No you dont
JPM spring week emea: 35 places for markets 40 places for banking.

source: two very senior people within JPM HR
Original post by LawQC
wot do u mean? - are u saying we are only interviewed by one person each time - because from what i gathered from people last year it was 2 (mayb that ws for the summer internship)...

I don't really get what you don't understand.

Say the bank is going to interview 4 applicants at once. They would have 4 rooms, with 4 bankers in each; so a single banker in each room. 1 applicant would go into each room and be interviewed by the banker in that room. The applicants would then come out and go into a different room and get interviewed by a different banker, again 1 applicant with 1 banker.

If the bank want to do 2 bankers to 1 applicant, then they just get 8 bankers and split them into four 2s. The applicants don't have to be interviewed by all 4 bankers who are interviewing that day; most banks can't afford to have the same bankers interviewing their graduate applicants, summer intern applicants, and spring applicants, or they would be interviewing more than they are working during the year. You will get interviewed by 2 (or 4 if they decide on 2 bankers per applicant) bankers and they will make their decision on you; it may be a different group of bankers who interview you compared to the applicant the next day.
Reply 1387
Original post by i_hate_teeth
JPM spring week emea: 35 places for markets 40 places for banking.

source: two very senior people within JPM HR

Do you know whether all invites to interviews have been handed out?
Reply 1388
I don't really get what you don't understand.

Say the bank is going to interview 4 applicants at once. They would have 4 rooms, with 4 bankers in each; so a single banker in each room. 1 applicant would go into each room and be interviewed by the banker in that room. The applicants would then come out and go into a different room and get interviewed by a different banker, again 1 applicant with 1 banker.

If the bank want to do 2 bankers to 1 applicant, then they just get 8 bankers and split them into four 2s. The applicants don't have to be interviewed by all 4 bankers who are interviewing that day; most banks can't afford to have the same bankers interviewing their graduate applicants, summer intern applicants, and spring applicants, or they would be interviewing more than they are working during the year. You will get interviewed by 2 (or 4 if they decide on 2 bankers per applicant) bankers and they will make their decision on you; it may be a different group of bankers who interview you compared to the applicant the next day.

hm
Reply 1389
Original post by LawQC
hm

ye it really comes down to luck in the end who one is interviewed by.
Original post by twinkl
Do you know whether all invites to interviews have been handed out?

no idea
Reply 1391
one of the options of where to be interviewed is rufus citypoint - i swear they dont have offices there...
no idea

what you waiting for? go and find out
Reply 1393
I hope that J.P. Morgan are saving the best until last!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1394
From my mate who did a spring last year at JPM and who's doing a summer this year. JPM send out invitations in batches and also in alphabetical order, not who applied first.
Original post by Banker91
From my mate who did a spring last year at JPM and who's doing a summer this year. JPM send out invitations in batches and also in alphabetical order, not who applied first.

phew....comforting
anyone who's done the UBS logical test, can you tell me how hard it was??
Original post by Banker91

I don't think they're doing the alphabetical order thing this year.
I don't think they're doing the alphabetical order thing this year.

Agreed, unless it is reverse order, cause both my first and last name are pretty low down the alphabet.

Out of interest, those without JP Morgan interviews, how good do you think your applications are?
Reply 1399
Agreed, unless it is reverse order, cause both my first and last name are pretty low down the alphabet.

Out of interest, those without JP Morgan interviews, how good do you think your applications are?

ye i agree - you low down the list - im in the middle.

I got an offer for interview but I doubt they even look at our cv's yet - just numerical I assume.

Latest