Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    YES! Goldman Sachs interview, really wasn't expecting it so early. But I guess they have changed it since last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by er1ksson)
    YES! Goldman Sachs interview, really wasn't expecting it so early. But I guess they have changed it since last year.
    lol u serious?

I swear goldmans only interview at beginning of February...

ReputationRep:
    For those of you with jp interviews do you think we wil be interviewed by HR or associates / vice presidents...since the email seemed pretty generic and also it says look for the names of 2 woman upon entrance

ReputationRep:
    Im guessing your first and second name begins with z?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    For those of you with jp interviews do you think we wil be interviewed by HR or associates / vice presidents...since the email seemed pretty generic and also it says look for the names of 2 woman upon entrance
    You ask for the HR people on the email at reception. Reception send you to a floor in the building or somewhere. Here you meet with the HR, and they take you to the rooms where your interview is. They are responsible for the logistics or getting you into the interview rooms with the interviewers, and then out the building.

You WILL be interviewed by bankers, not HR; the JPM email makes it clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    ye i agree - you low down the list - im in the middle.

I got an offer for interview but I doubt they even look at our cv's yet - just numerical I assume.
    I would think that the numerical cuts off people (like 16 or below out of 20 or something) and then they look at your CV and comp question before deciding based on those two (but mainly focusing on the CV).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack_the_ripper)
    Im guessing your first and second name begins with z?
    Around three quarters through the alphabet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by er1ksson)
    Nice one, what division? When did you get the email?

ReputationRep:
    My name is almost in the middle of the alphabet (begins with G), so it cant be alphabetical(ly inverse). Anyway, the interviews are competency based so i HIGHLY doubt we will be interviewed by bankers. It will be HR. Anyone with contacts have info?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by natashabedford)
    My name is almost in the middle of the alphabet (begins with G), so it cant be alphabetical(ly inverse). Anyway, the interviews are competency based so i HIGHLY doubt we will be interviewed by bankers. It will be HR. Anyone with contacts have info?
    My MS interview was competency based and was with an analyst...just saying.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, relax.

Until someone has told you that you're not in, what's the point in stressing that others have heard about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogmatichurricane)
    My MS interview was competency based and was with an analyst...just saying.
    Okay thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I havent heard from JPM yet. Applied for IBD. No idea how I fared for numerical test, but my CV is def somewhere. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughforever)
    I havent heard from JPM yet. Applied for IBD. No idea how I fared for numerical test, but my CV is def somewhere. Sigh. My experiences include being a private fund manager at the moment, 6 months internship in a upstart hedge fund and a metal-fabrication company, a month experience in a law firm. Education-wise, i have completed half the required exams for a risk management qualification.
    :lolwut:
    Competitors like you scare me :shifty:

But it's comforting to know if candidates like you haven't been informed yet, reassuring that they've yet to give out more interviews. Although not sure at what stage they look at the CV.

ReputationRep:
    then you haven't seen the most scary candidates around yet. I really hope they dont just short-list on basis on numerical scores, cause that would be ridiculous.

(Original post by Marc Fiorano)

But it's comforting to know if candidates like you haven't been informed yet, reassuring that they've yet to give out more interviews. Although not sure at what stage they look at the CV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughforever)
    then you haven't seen the most scary candidates around yet. I really hope they dont just short-list on basis on numerical scores, cause that would be ridiculous.
    It's a fair and justified way of short-listing to be honest. if you cant do basic numerical questions under the pressure, then touche.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    Nice one, what division? When did you get the email?
    Why bother asking? The MD of GS is inevitably going to personally offer you a place on the summer internship without you even having to do a Spring Week.

ReputationRep:
    A former analyst/associate at JP talking to a friend of mine said when he was there applications got given at random to analysts who gave them thumbs up thumbs down for interview based on whatever criteria they decided--mainly CV and a little look at the cover letter. Sounds a bit haphazard, maybe it's changed in the past couple years.

ReputationRep:
    Those who had an interview with MS, has anybody heard back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)

You're better off having a life, and you don't need to do all that **** to get a job in FO.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.