Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raphael_R)
    Anyone else who got an invite to Nomura 11-12 jan?
    I did. what programme did you apply for? I guess not for the women's immersion..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Markets or IBD?

Is there anyone on markets that didn't get an interview or rejection?
    Markets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raphael_R)
    Anyone else who got an invite to Nomura 11-12 jan?
    Congrats! When did you apply & is there a numerical?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EyesOnFire)
    I did. what programme did you apply for? I guess not for the women's immersion..
    Congrats , have you done any tests up to now? I haven't heard anything from Nomura yet but someone said they did a logical a few days ago...
    Hoping to hear something positive from them soon though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilly xx)
    you've posted on the summer intership thread too, are you applying to spring and summers?!?
    Yes.

I applied for summers and secured an internship with Goldman Sachs. I then decided that i would apply for springs to the banks that have rejected me without interview for summers; so far just applied to JP Morgan; kind of lost the will to apply anywhere else since Goldman offered me the internship. Got BP, Nomura (although who wants to work here anyway?) and BarCap left to apply to.

The thought was that i might switch to a 4 year course and hence being 2nd year now, a spring week would be a good idea. Now i have a summer i will be trying to convince JP Morgan etc that i'm on a masters and hoping they don't check with the uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ray_Han)
    Congrats , have you done any tests up to now? I haven't heard anything from Nomura yet but someone said they did a logical a few days ago...
    I think the tests were sent automatically..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    I think the tests were sent automatically..

(Original post by Ray_Han)
    As far as I know there are no tests for spring weeks at Nomura. They grill you with brainteasers at interviews though, that's what a recruiter told me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBITDA.3)
    Congrats! When did you apply & is there a numerical?
    I applied in early november, no numerical. I'm a bit curious about how many applicants that were invited that aren't from the UK, I was lucky!

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone who has gotten an interview invite not from EU/UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laughforever)
    Is there anyone who has gotten an interview invite not from EU/UK?
    There are a number of students from the University of Cape Town in South Africa who are applying to Goldman Sachs. 6 guys and 1 girl from SA were given summer internships last year. 4 got job offers, 3 accepted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Industrious Orca)
    Yes.

I applied for summers and secured an internship with Goldman Sachs. I then decided that i would apply for springs to the banks that have rejected me without interview for summers; so far just applied to JP Morgan; kind of lost the will to apply anywhere else since Goldman offered me the internship. Got BP, Nomura (although who wants to work here anyway?) and BarCap left to apply to.

The thought was that i might switch to a 4 year course and hence being 2nd year now, a spring week would be a good idea. Now i have a summer i will be trying to convince JP Morgan etc that i'm on a masters and hoping they don't check with the uni.
    Did you not do any SW last year?

ReputationRep:
    just came across this thread. slightly late, but fanstastic!

does anyone know the recritment process for the citi spring week?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know which dates any of the spring weeks will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applications)
    j.p morgan - 19-23 march is the only one i know. i'm guessing the others will be similar in terms of their dates i guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by applications)
    goldman i think is from 9 - 20th april

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just writing my cover letter now and have a few queries, I was hoping you guys could help me please!

1) what is the general structure that you are going for in your cover letter?

2) who do you address it to?

3) how much detail should we be expected to know / put in about the division and the bank for a spring week?

thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Anyone who applied for IBD & Risk have a JPM rejection?

Haven't heard anything yet, and I'm hoping HR have left the office by now lol
    Just received my rejection . But I think they didn`t even consider my application but just my numerical test, what was pretty bad, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris:))
    Just received my rejection . But I think they didn`t even consider my application but just my numerical test, what was pretty bad, obviously.
    Got that as well, even though my test was not bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris:))
    Same.

I'm quite sure it was my best numerical though, I would have said full marks.

Oh well, still got plenty more left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Same.

I'm quite sure it was my best numerical though, I would have said full marks.

Oh well, still got plenty more left.
    same, i thought it was my strongest application as well.

i think my A-level grades have let me down

ahh well. fingers crossed for the others!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.