Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rebirth Trader)
    What sort of background checks?

How can they check everything written on your CV?
    Banks hire external companies specialized in background check. To what extend they check, I will not know, but Police records, credit records, criminal, grades, employment history at the minimum. So the best policy is to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, started looking into this today... looks daunting and exciting all at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    what's open to apply at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    where can you do psychometric tests? x

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Does anyone know of any insight days / weeks open to sixth formers (lower sixth). I know PwC, EY, KPMG ran them last year along with events such as the JP Morgans schools programme.

I Was just wondering whether these kind of events had opened for application yet or whether anyone had any information regarding these or similar events, as currently when you search for the events you just get last years information. Maybe it's too early to start applying considering most of the events for this year only finished very recently.

Thanks,

Zahir

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahir)
    Hi,

Does anyone know of any insight days / weeks open to sixth formers (lower sixth). I know PwC, EY, KPMG ran them last year along with events such as the JP Morgans schools programme.

I Was just wondering whether these kind of events had opened for application yet or whether anyone had any information regarding these or similar events, as currently when you search for the events you just get last years information. Maybe it's too early to start applying considering most of the events for this year only finished very recently.

Thanks,

Zahir
    RBS and Morgan Stanley did insight days for A level students this summer i think.

Just keep an eye out for them; the firms all have graduate apps, penultimate intern apps etc to deal with before they start thinking about A level students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahir)
    Hi,

Thanks,

Zahir
    why are you posting in this thread this is for spring weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orca92)
    RBS and Morgan Stanley did insight days for A level students this summer i think.

Just keep an eye out for them; the firms all have graduate apps, penultimate intern apps etc to deal with before they start thinking about A level students.
    Cheers

(Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    why are you posting in this thread this is for spring weeks
    As it is off a similar theme to this thread, additionally I have seen week long events which took place in spring - "Spring Weeks" advertised in the broadsheets in the past, which were open to Sixth Formers.

ReputationRep:
    ok i'll allow you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    ok i'll allow you
    Not sure I really needed your approval! - but thanks anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahir)
    Not sure I really needed your approval! - but thanks anyway...
    you're welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahir)
    Hi,

Thanks,

Zahir
    Look up the Windsor fellowship Deutsche bank internship, it's for A-level students in the summer after you finish A2.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone noticed the Morgan Stanley Spring Insight page is gone at the moment?
    Any speculation as to why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milan.)
    what's open to apply at the moment?
    You really dont need to apply for spring weeks till like December.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweihander)
    Really? I thought applications for spring weeks opened when those for summer internships did! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i want to start early and whilst im not doing much at home before uni starts, it's best i get most of the apps and tests out the way!

ReputationRep:
    what sort of things did you get involved in by december last year to strengthen your application

ReputationRep:
    do you usually get asked to enter the three a levels with highest grades in the app or do you enter all of them? do any of the banks specifically ask for grades in the first sitting for spring weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    what sort of things did you get involved in by december last year to strengthen your application
    Got involved in loads of societies & clubs at uni. Most spring week applicants arent going to have much if any professional experience, so getting involved in extra-curricular activities can help you to differentiate yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Got involved in loads of societies & clubs at uni. Most spring week applicants arent going to have much if any professional experience, so getting involved in extra-curricular activities can help you to differentiate yourself.
    details please

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.