Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawQC)
    citi dont have tests - maybe u applied for the wrong job.
    I applied for Citi Quest though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportycricketer)
    hm - i only applied for COF but from wot i heard last year citi didnt have tests for any spring thins...

ReputationRep:
    btw did u get a jp interview?

ReputationRep:
    I also applied for the Citi Quest thing and haven't heard since.

What does the test invitation say?

ReputationRep:
    ohh sheet, rejection from JPM

ahh well, an excuse to hit the drink over xmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milan.)
    yeah nomura want me to do a logical test
    i HATE them!

ah yeah HSBC just asked competency questions, i thought it was going to be a proper numerical/verbal test!
    That's strange. I received an invitation to an interview but wasn't required to sit any online tests.

ReputationRep:
    what system is Citi's test operated on?
    They used elements for the summer internship numerical test; if it's the same, then it's one of the more challenging tests you'll have to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Industrious Orca)
    They used elements for the summer internship numerical test; if it's the same, then it's one of the more challenging tests you'll have to do.
    thats exactly it, i finished about 10 mins ago. Test was alright but the time limit on each question took the mick! I'm so scared now but why did they ask me to do the test whereas other people had not been asked for it

ReputationRep:
    thats exactly it, i finished about 10 mins ago. Test was alright but the time limit on each question took the mick! I'm so scared now but why did they ask me to do the test whereas other people had not been asked for it
    Are you sure you applied for the Citi Quest programme?

They also offer a Spring Internship which takes 10 weeks and is a proper internship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel3)
    Are you sure you applied for the Citi Quest programme?

They also offer a Spring Internship which takes 10 weeks and is a proper internship.
    ohhh, i applied to the citi quest programme?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah; by the end when you have 75 seconds a question and you have to do 10 different calculations, then have 50 different answers to pick from, it gets to be a bit of a nightmare.

You may have applied for structuring or trading where others applied to IBD or something less mathematical. Or, more likely, you study a none mathematical subject and they need to know that you can do maths. Either way, a decent numerical test performance will only look positive, and the fact that they invited you to it is encouraging.

Also, does anyone know what tests Nomura has for the IBD spring week (or the closest thing to IBD)?

ReputationRep:
    Phone interview from Credit Suisse
    Anyone had a spring week phone interview yet? Any particularly common questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby)
    Anyone had a spring week phone interview yet? Any particularly common questions?
    Did 2 last year, one with analyst and another with a senior banker - for a summer internship (Zurich offices, might be different in London) and both were general competency-based questions, nothing technical other than future plans and specific reasons for choosing that path.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby)
    How did you hear about your interview? Just people have got rejected or got interviews. And I am just in the middle with them lol
    Also congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ram92)
    How did you hear about your interview? Just people have got rejected or got interviews. And I am just in the middle with them lol
    Also congrats
    Thanks Heard by email just over an hour ago. I took the tests earlier today so was a bit surprised to hear back so quickly! Good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby)
    Thanks Heard by email just over an hour ago. I took the tests earlier today so was a bit surprised to hear back so quickly! Good luck to you!
    Wow, that's really quick!

ReputationRep:
    For Deutsche bank, when adding work experience, you can add as many different bits of work experience as you want.
    But then under the first question for each work experience it says - "What were your main duties? (Please limit your answer to 100 words and consider only your most recent two positions.)"

Does that mean you should only put down two bits of work experience, or within each place you worked, only list two positions you held at that place??

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Nonsense)
    For Deutsche bank, when adding work experience, you can add as many different bits of work experience as you want.
    But then under the first question for each work experience it says - "What were your main duties? (Please limit your answer to 100 words and consider only your most recent two positions.)"

Does that mean you should only put down two bits of work experience, or within each place you worked, only list two positions you held at that place??

Thanks a lot
    Within each place talk about, at most, the 2 more recent positions. Usually not a problem because in most work experiences at this stage students have only worked in just the one position throughout.

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, how many work experiences do you guys have that are in the finance industry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Nonsense)

Thanks a lot
    I think it's positions you held at that place - that's what I did anyway lol.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.