Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I did use the search tool but forgive me if this has been asked before. I have just completed the tests for Credit Suisse and my application has been updated to be "received". Does this mean I have passed them or is it just the standard reply.

Forgive my naivety if this is a silly question, this is an early foray into the world of IB, so go easy on me!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Standard reply.
    (Original post by WHITKA)
    Hey guys, I did use the search tool but forgive me if this has been asked before. I have just completed the tests for Credit Suisse and my application has been updated to be "received". Does this mean I have passed them or is it just the standard reply.

Forgive my naivety if this is a silly question, this is an early foray into the world of IB, so go easy on me!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jevira)
    Standard reply.
    Many thanks for the quick reply, appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    HSBC - I have had no test.... Who here has????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashabedford)
    HSBC - I have had no test.... Who here has????
    I haven't had one either but apparently your app gets pre screened. when did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    guys just did my numerical test for cs and i totally f**ked up, had to guess the last 6 questions ive done loads of them before but i got stuck this time on one question and i got reaaly nervous with the timer and then it all collapsed. arrrrr f**k. do you think i should withdraw my application?? if so what should i put as reasons for withdraw??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecodman)
    guys just did my numerical test for cs and i totally f**ked up, had to guess the last 6 questions ive done loads of them before but i got stuck this time on one question and i got reaaly nervous with the timer and then it all collapsed. arrrrr f**k. do you think i should withdraw my application?? if so what should i put as reasons for withdraw??
    Don't withdraw. Let them give you an answer. For all you know their pass mark could be low (unlikely but not impossible) or you didn't end up doing as bad as you think in the tests. You have nothing to lose by waiting for them to reply.

ReputationRep:
    With 6 guessed questions it's impossible to get it to interview stage. (excluding the possibility that you are the One)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soczek322)
    I haven't had one either but apparently your app gets pre screened. when did you apply?
    2 weeks ago. u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jevira)
    With 6 guessed questions it's impossible to get it to interview stage. (excluding the possibility that you are the One)
    Not if all the questions were right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashabedford)
    2 weeks ago. u?
    I applied on the 19th December... all of you out there how long did you have to wait for HSBC test invite/rejection? Thanks

and what about boaml?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any offers/interviews???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miml)
    Not if all the questions were right.
    If that was the case, you would be the One Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    Don't withdraw. Let them give you an answer. For all you know their pass mark could be low (unlikely but not impossible) or you didn't end up doing as bad as you think in the tests. You have nothing to lose by waiting for them to reply.
    Cheers for the words of encouragement mate dont really think i have a chance but yh nothing to lose still got more applications to do so any offers/interviews for you??

ReputationRep:
    BP interview anyone? no?

ReputationRep:
    Just got raped by RBS logical..... how do you all think you did?

ReputationRep:
    What have people put for the IT skills section on the Barclays Capital application form? What do they class as basic/inter/advanced skills in word/excel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-friend99)
    What have people put for the IT skills section on the Barclays Capital application form? What do they class as basic/inter/advanced skills in word/excel?
    To be advanced I'd say you need to be completely comfortable doing all the day to day stuff, and to know what macros are and how you use them, be OK to mess around with templates, mail merges, building blocks, etc...

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview for cs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soczek322)
    Just got raped by RBS logical..... how do you all think you did?
    Familiar feeling for everyone. Most passed, including me. You should receive the outcome in the next day or 2

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.