Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just received an invitation to Citi's numerical test.
    Sounds like fun

'How does it work?
    All candidates commence Elements at the same point, those who answer accurately are rapidly progressed to increasingly complex information and questions; those who take too long or answer incorrectly are presented with easier information and questions. Elements quickly adapts to the candidate and hones in on the individual’s own level of ability. This system offers considerable time efficiency compared with other assessments, whilst retaining high levels of psychometric rigour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    Yes, it's ridiculously boring. I had an email saying I passed the situational test and I've just finished the verbal and numerical tests, for the second time
    When did you do the situational test? and what do you mean by 'the second time'?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raphael_R)
    Has anyone done the numerical for DB? How was it?
    I got the invite today together with the blue dot going to interview process. It's standard kenexa but I started to get lost towards the end especially the last 4. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughnuts!!)
    :hello:

With you all the way in this, buddy. Only really applying to Spring Weeks for the experience and to see what a career in IB is like.
    Same here. I'm more interested in the buy-side, that is, asset management but spring weeks will be good for securing an internship in AM next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel3)
    Just received an invitation to Citi's numerical test.
    Sounds like fun

'How does it work?
    All candidates commence Elements at the same point, those who answer accurately are rapidly progressed to increasingly complex information and questions; those who take too long or answer incorrectly are presented with easier information and questions. Elements quickly adapts to the candidate and hones in on the individual’s own level of ability. This system offers considerable time efficiency compared with other assessments, whilst retaining high levels of psychometric rigour.
    Haha I did the test just recently. It is quite hard, I'm not gonna lie. Questions are easy but you have to scroll through so many answers. Doesn't help having a time limit on each question. Wish that wasn't the case... I was overwhelmed and while using my laptop mouse I clicked the wrong answer while scrolling and the time had finished..
    Good LUCK! Just a word of caution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hackett)
    anonymity. thats why.

Helping out each other on small hiccups on application forms, yes - but not giving out company names to strangers I don't know, who could equally get hold of the peoples names.
    Err, how exactly?

You saying: "Yes I applied/got an internship at XYZ Corporation". How do I go about finding out who you are?

Send them a nice email asking them who they recently offered an internship to for the Summer? Come on man. Not sure if you're being serious or what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportycricketer)
    Haha I did the test just recently. It is quite hard, I'm not gonna lie. Questions are easy but you have to scroll through so many answers. Doesn't help having a time limit on each question. Wish that wasn't the case... I was overwhelmed and while using my laptop mouse I clicked the wrong answer while scrolling and the time had finished..
    Good LUCK! Just a word of caution
    Did you both apply to CitiQuest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hackett)
    lol - whats in it for me? It's a small boutique.
    You get in in my good books, but i don't care that much

ReputationRep:
    Did you guys with tests apply to CitiQuest or Certificate in Fi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashabedford)
    CitiQuest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilly xx)
    Did you both apply to CitiQuest?
    yes, Citiquest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sportycricketer)
    yes, Citiquest!
    When did you apply? I havent got any test yet...

ReputationRep:
    It took them rather long (more than a month) cause they pre-screen before sending out the test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel3)
    It took them rather long (more than a month) cause they pre-screen before sending out the test.
    Thanks Was it SHL or what? How hard was it? Just numerical or what?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else just not heard anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soczek322)
    When did you do the situational test? and what do you mean by 'the second time'?
    Thanks!
    I did the situation test yesterday, they got back to me quickly! It's the second time for me because I applied for the school leaver's programme last year

ReputationRep:
    I got a test invite in about 3 weeks after I sent it

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Was it SHL or what? How hard was it? Just numerical or what?
    It's just a numerical but neither SHL nor Kenexa. Look at my previous post on page 95 for details.

Btw, I haven't taken the test yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    Yes, it's ridiculously boring. I had an email saying I passed the situational test and I've just finished the verbal and numerical tests, for the second time
    how long after sitting the situational test, did you receive said email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    how long after sitting the situational test, did you receive said email
    20 hours?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.