Hello, I will be coming back to England from Turkey with my girlfriend for 1 or 2 years. We have a list of several locations in the UK where she can do her masters and where I will start an open uni course.
Nottingham is one of the places. However, I'm not familiar at all with the area nor with the availability of acommodation, jobs etc and which areas to avoid/focus on, so we really would like to find out about the following so we can compare it to other locations:
- Names of areas for acommodation to avoid (ie full of chavs, unsafe etc)
- Names of areas for acommodation that are safe, recommended for students
- What sort of acommodation in and around Nottingham (within 30 mins) could be obtained for 2 people for not much more than 400 pounds per month, and are these areas safe/recommended?
- Cost of living compared to rest of UK?
- Part and full time employment opportunities in any job - availability?
- What things are there do to during free time and weekends?
- Is there the availability of seminaries and other similar short courses, events and educational supplements to boost the studying of someone doing a masters degree (my girlfriend)?
- What is the nearest airport?
- What are bus services like in and around Nottingham?
- Is there a relaible train network?
I have looked on gumtree.com for an idea of acommodation costs etc, but it seems to vary widely and I am unsure if the cheap ones I found that look okay are actually in an unsafe area ridden with chavs and the like.
If someone can provide me with some details and recommendations regarding my above queries I would be very grateful!!
Thanks in advance.
...for the 2nd time this year