Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

How to get to know this guy from halls better??? watch

Making this anon because one of my best friends is on here.

Apologies in advance, this is probably a really lame situation to ask about but anyway... went to the union last night for St Patrick's Day where I bumped into some people from my halls. My halls = rah central so i've never really spoken to them although there is one guy I've exchanged glances across the room with on a few occasions previously. Everyone was a bit merry (not drunk!) and we were all dancing with each other, and I noticed him looking at me quite a bit, attempting to show off etc and he manoeuvred himself round his group of friends so he was stood right next to me. Next thing I knew he had his arm round me and was attempting to dance with me. As I have the social skills of a pea (especially around boys) I instantly clammed up so nothing much happened after that. The looks across the room thing continued but then we both left.

I think I'd quite like to get to know him but we're from two different groups of friends entirely so we have no mutual friends as such... what would be the next move? Something tells me he *may* potentially be interested although I'm pretty rubbish at things like this so i could have got everything wrong. My friend suggested adding him on facebook but I don't want to look like a complete plank and I'd have no idea what to do from there.. any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    sorry for the off-topicness, but i am watching this show about these guys who love robots, and its giving me severe mind ****, i mean LOVE love robots

ReputationRep:
    how often do you see him around?

ReputationRep:
    Errr....just start talking to him? He sounds interested. Just ask for his number or if he wants to go for a drink or something?

ReputationRep:
    When you see him around just smile, and if he likes you then he'll probably try to start a conversation

ReputationRep:
    talking to him would be a good place to start? like ask him what course he's doing, where he comes from etc

ReputationRep:
    So... this guy is a love robot? Did I miss something?

Wut

ReputationRep:
    i don't know but that would be hot

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, it's not lame, you may be over-thinking it a bit though!

It sounds to me like he's interested (based on the fact that he's acting like I do when I'm interested in a girl!), but also that he's maybe not that confident either as he didn't really make a move or ask for you number or anything.

It would probably be better to get chatting to him IRL and suggest you get a coffee/drink, but if you don't see him around much then, personally, I would have no complaints if a girl I'd met added me on Facebook and started talking to me on chat, especially if I'm interested in her. It's always helpful as a guy to have some idea of whether the girl is into you before making a move!

But yeah, don't stress about it, get chatting, try to arrange a chilled meet-up, and see how you it goes. If it doesn't work out, you haven't lost anything and hopefully gained some confidence. Good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.