Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently a second year history and politics student at Warwick. I've never been particularly happy here, and although I've been doing fairly well (2.1 for First year, going on for a high 2.1/1st in my 2nd year) I'm really unhappy here and am worried that it could impact upon how well I do in my Summer exams. I also really don't like the third year modules.
    I don't really want to start university again in the first year, so what are the chances of another university taking me on for second or third year?
    My main target is Nottingham, I originally applied there, got accepted and rejected it for Warwick, which I've regretted ever since. The course requirements are ABB, I got AAAB at A level and the modules are entirely what I'd be interested in. Course I'd be aiming for is Politics and American studies.

I checked on their website about transfer procedures, and it said this:

Can I transfer to Nottingham from another University?
    This depends on what stage of your degree course you have reached, what you have studied, how well you have done in it, and why you want to move to Nottingham. Sometimes you have to withdraw from your current university and reapply through UCAS. Please contact the School as early as possible and provide as much information as you can: we will then be able to advise you on the best way to proceed.

If anyone has any advice that would be amazing x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gee_shakedown)
    I'm currently a second year history and politics student at Warwick. I've never been particularly happy here, and although I've been doing fairly well (2.1 for First year, going on for a high 2.1/1st in my 2nd year) I'm really unhappy here and am worried that it could impact upon how well I do in my Summer exams. I also really don't like the third year modules.
    I don't really want to start university again in the first year, so what are the chances of another university taking me on for second or third year?
    My main target is Nottingham, I originally applied there, got accepted and rejected it for Warwick, which I've regretted ever since. The course requirements are ABB, I got AAAB at A level and the modules are entirely what I'd be interested in. Course I'd be aiming for is Politics and American studies.

I checked on their website about transfer procedures, and it said this:

Can I transfer to Nottingham from another University?
    This depends on what stage of your degree course you have reached, what you have studied, how well you have done in it, and why you want to move to Nottingham. Sometimes you have to withdraw from your current university and reapply through UCAS. Please contact the School as early as possible and provide as much information as you can: we will then be able to advise you on the best way to proceed.

If anyone has any advice that would be amazing x
    My sister was at Leicester, she was unhappy and managed to get transferred to Exeter instead, and they let her start from second year (she left Leicester in December of her 2nd year, and restarted her 2nd year at Exeter in the following September) so it is possible, it's up to the universities. Definitely worth finding out more information because it can be done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananabrain)
    My sister was at Leicester, she was unhappy and managed to get transferred to Exeter instead, and they let her start from second year (she left Leicester in December of her 2nd year, and restarted her 2nd year at Exeter in the following September) so it is possible, it's up to the universities. Definitely worth finding out more information because it can be done.
    Thank you, that's given me a bit of hope

ReputationRep:
    Hi gee_shakedown,

I was really interested after reading your thread, as I too am in the same position and currently considering moving uni and redoing second year, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was just wondering since you started the thread a few weeks back how your application went etc?

Hope everything went/is going well :-)

ReputationRep:
    Given your academic standing it seems that there's no reason for them to not let you start up 3rd year there as long as you get a move on and sort it out soonish. Definitely worth contacting them. You might have more chance if you have a clear crossover with previous modules you've taken but I don't see it should be too much of a problem. If you think it's right for you then go for it. Let it drive your ambition to do well in your summer exams!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.