Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-jc123)
    I used the same method you used and mastered three textbooks, yet somehow got an A and not an A* in my January exam.
    I used a A2 Book, the blue one, and got 100 UMS in Law 03 this year. So yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Would people who get in 90s-100 UMS say that their method is more application based and less knowledge? My problem is I write far too much and simply do not have the time to fit it all in, and so get stuck in the 80s...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JH-QC)
    Would people who get in 90s-100 UMS say that their method is more application based and less knowledge? My problem is I write far too much and simply do not have the time to fit it all in, and so get stuck in the 80s...
    Ah, I found myself asking the same question! I got 80 UMS in the January exam and am retaking it tomorrow. I realise that I applied barely any of the law and just sought to show off most of my knowledge, so to answer your question: yes, presumably you should focus on applying the law. You only need to show the law to briefly introduce an offence/defence and to help you explain why someone is liable or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stemroach)
    The Nelson Thornes one?

ReputationRep:
    I did exactly the same and also got 100 UMS, you definitely do NOT need a university textbook.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by shootingstars)
    I did exactly the same and also got 100 UMS, you definitely do NOT need a university textbook.
    How much detail do you go into in the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Not much if I'm honest. I made specimen answers and then tailored them slightly to the question.

ReputationRep:
    I'm completely hopeless for tomorrow. Been finding it impossible to revise due to unexpected and unfortunate events

How's everyone feeling for Law 04 at the moment???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shootingstars)
    Yeah I only used the Nelson Thornes book for unit 3, I got 100 too. Now hoping I can get the 80 for the A* with the little work I've put in :/

@ Those who write a lot of "knowledge", the main thing is to cut the crap; only focus on the bits that are relevant to the scenario, if in a psychiatric harm scenario there are only secondary victims don't make a big deal of primary victims or rescuers, it's a waste of time. A brief one sentence response saying something along the lines of ""No-one here was at risk of harm, and thus there are no primary victims (Dulieu v White), also nobody placed themselves in harms way whilst attempting a rescue and so again there are no rescuers (White v Chief Constable of South Yorkshire)"

In fact that is more in-depth than I would go, but that is, imo, the most you should write addressing those two issues. The scenarios are a test of application of knowledge, not the knowledge itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ujdshnjan)
    Yeah I only used the Nelson Thornes book for unit 3, I got 100 too. Now hoping I can get the 80 for the A* with the little work I've put in :/

@ Those who write a lot of "knowledge", the main thing is to cut the crap; only focus on the bits that are relevant to the scenario, if in a psychiatric harm scenario there are only secondary victims don't make a big deal of primary victims or rescuers, it's a waste of time. A brief one sentence response saying something along the lines of ""No-one here was at risk of harm, and thus there are no primary victims (Dulieu v White), also nobody placed themselves in harms way whilst attempting a rescue and so again there are no rescuers (White v Chief Constable of South Yorkshire)"

In fact that is more in-depth than I would go, but that is, imo, the most you should write addressing those two issues. The scenarios are a test of application of knowledge, not the knowledge itself.
    I swear it would be 90% in both unit 3 & 4 that you'd need to get to secure an A*.

I don't think it matters that you got 100% for unit 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hakz*)
    I swear it would be 90% in both unit 3 & 4 that you'd need to get to secure an A*.

I don't think it matters that you got 100% for unit 3.
    You're wrong. It's 90% across the whole of A2 i.e. 180 out of 200, it doesn't matter which modules they are achieved over. Clicky. Besides I already have an A* in another subject, I got 88% in one of the A2 modules for that.

ReputationRep:
    You're wrong. It's 90% across the whole of A2 i.e. 180 out of 200, it doesn't matter which modules they are achieved over. Clicky.
    Wow my bad. I've been confused over this matter for a long time now. Thanks for shedding a light on this issue.

80% won't be that much of a problem for you mate. Go for it

ReputationRep:
    If fault comes up I'm ****** because I aint revised it. Oh well. I'm not even going to bother trying either. Hope for the best eh? Yep I think so too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slacker07906)
    If fault comes up I'm ****** because I aint revised it. Oh well. I'm not even going to bother trying either. Hope for the best eh? Yep I think so too
    Same here m8. I'm only doing Law & morality so anyfin else would be a nightmare 2mro if dat dont come up.

Funny enough, Fault seems to be the easiest out of all 5 by the looks of it but I just find morality a lot more interesting.

Which ones have you studied?

ReputationRep:
    Gotta agree with the above, fault is by far the easiest to "blag" based on previous knowledge. Or at least out of the ones I do. It's also the only essay I currently know; should stop wasting my time translating messages into ASCII base 7 and start learning my essays. Procrastination is too powerful though.

ReputationRep:
    I have only learned law and morality and judicial creativity. I hope my gamble pays off!

ReputationRep:
    I have only learned law and morality and judicial creativity. I hope my gamble pays off!
    Judicial creativity sounds like a load of bull**** to me lol.

I rate you for studying that one. Hands down, morality comes out tomorrow. Lets hope shall we.

ReputationRep:
    You've still got time to learn a third!

ReputationRep:
    You've still got time to learn a third!
    Okay, which is the easiest to learn within 3 hours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hakz*)
    Judicial creativity sounds like a load of bull**** to me lol.

I rate you for studying that one. Hands down, morality comes out tomorrow. Lets hope shall we.
    You are taking a big risk What will you do if morality does not come up? Do you not have a university offer to meet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.