The Student Room Group

What salary would make you happy?

In these current times, i would be happy with a boring office job which pays £15,000 a year after i graduate as it would pay my bills and mortgage. By the age of 30 i would want to be on a salary of £25,000 a year though (mortgage would be cleared and id be saving about 10k a year).

So what salary would make you happy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
10 syrian potatoes a week.
Original post by 'James Hunt'

In these current times, i would be happy with a boring office job which pays £15,000 a year after i graduate as it would pay my bills and mortgage. By the age of 30 i would want to be on a salary of £25,000 a year though (mortgage would be cleared and id be saving about 10k a year).

Salary is irrelevant. I would work for free for my perfect job.
Reply 3
No salary can make me "happy". I wouldn't complain if I was on £80,000 + though...
Unlimited spending power for doing something I love and is enjoyable.
I'm 25, earning £20k, would like to be on £25k by October which I'd be very happy with considering my highest qualification is an A in GCSE maths.
Reply 6

Same, but I would want the opportunity to have a year off when I'm 28/29 so I can travel :smile:
Reply 7
One that covers my living costs, buy my house without a mortgage, frequent holidays abroad, allows me to buy a new car every 10 years or so and allows me to put a lot of money aside for my retirement at 50-55 year old.
Reply 8
Original post by mikeyd85
I'm 25, earning £20k, would like to be on £25k by October which I'd be very happy with considering my highest qualification is an A in GCSE maths.

Living the life man....living the life <3

EDIT: How did I get neg repped for this?! Ah well, its only teh internetz :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9
Depends what job I have. If I really love the job I'd be happier with a lower salary than if I was in a job I hated :teehee:
Reply 10
Min wage. Money don't matter when you have a fun job with good people....until you need money to pay your medical bills, kids school and special cancer treatment for your mother.
Reply 11
£1,000,000 sounds kinda good.
£20k a year sounds great
Reply 13
I'd be comfortable with £3500 - 4000 a month.
a billion pounds for 1 days work
It'd be good to be on about £30000 at 35ish
Reply 16
I would be happy with £50k and 6 months off per year. That way it would average out about £25k per year but have lots of free time to do stuff. :smile:
Original post by Vijay2010
Living the life man....living the life <3

Damn straight! Got loads of awesome things coming up! A couple of really good gigs, a comedy night, the return of the F1 season, hopefully a trip to the Belgian GP this year, trips to the countryside, the perigee of the moon, band practice and the fair at the park. Add this lovely weather and I really couldn't ask for more!

Money is all good, but I really don't need much to be happy.
I'd be happy to be getting ~£25k a year but I'd also want to enjoy my job at least a little. If I really enjoyed my job I'd settle for less and I'd probably be happier to work a little more. ;D
Errrm. I'd probably be happy with £20,000+ a year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending