Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In these current times, i would be happy with a boring office job which pays £15,000 a year after i graduate as it would pay my bills and mortgage. By the age of 30 i would want to be on a salary of £25,000 a year though (mortgage would be cleared and id be saving about 10k a year).

So what salary would make you happy?

ReputationRep:
    10 syrian potatoes a week.

(Original post by 'James Hunt')
    In these current times, i would be happy with a boring office job which pays £15,000 a year after i graduate as it would pay my bills and mortgage. By the age of 30 i would want to be on a salary of £25,000 a year though (mortgage would be cleared and id be saving about 10k a year).

Salary is irrelevant. I would work for free for my perfect job.

ReputationRep:
    No salary can make me "happy". I wouldn't complain if I was on £80,000 + though...

ReputationRep:
    Unlimited spending power for doing something I love and is enjoyable.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 25, earning £20k, would like to be on £25k by October which I'd be very happy with considering my highest qualification is an A in GCSE maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 'James Hunt')

Same, but I would want the opportunity to have a year off when I'm 28/29 so I can travel

One that covers my living costs, buy my house without a mortgage, frequent holidays abroad, allows me to buy a new car every 10 years or so and allows me to put a lot of money aside for my retirement at 50-55 year old.

ReputationRep:
    Probably be happy with £40000 at age 35

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'm 25, earning £20k, would like to be on £25k by October which I'd be very happy with considering my highest qualification is an A in GCSE maths.
    Living the life man....living the life <3

EDIT: How did I get neg repped for this?! Ah well, its only teh internetz

ReputationRep:
    Depends what job I have. If I really love the job I'd be happier with a lower salary than if I was in a job I hated :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Min wage. Money don't matter when you have a fun job with good people....until you need money to pay your medical bills, kids school and special cancer treatment for your mother.

ReputationRep:
    £1,000,000 sounds kinda good.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    £20k a year sounds great

ReputationRep:
    I'd be comfortable with £3500 - 4000 a month.

ReputationRep:
    a billion pounds for 1 days work

ReputationRep:
    It'd be good to be on about £30000 at 35ish

ReputationRep:
    I would be happy with £50k and 6 months off per year. That way it would average out about £25k per year but have lots of free time to do stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vijay2010)
    Living the life man....living the life <3
    Damn straight! Got loads of awesome things coming up! A couple of really good gigs, a comedy night, the return of the F1 season, hopefully a trip to the Belgian GP this year, trips to the countryside, the perigee of the moon, band practice and the fair at the park. Add this lovely weather and I really couldn't ask for more!

Money is all good, but I really don't need much to be happy.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be happy to be getting ~£25k a year but I'd also want to enjoy my job at least a little. If I really enjoyed my job I'd settle for less and I'd probably be happier to work a little more. ;D

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.