Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to be earning 35k at some point in my life.

Although to be honest, I'd be happy with whatever allows me to live, go out with friends and travel.

ReputationRep:
    Once I'm 'settled' 30k-35k would be nice..and a pet gerbil along with that.

ReputationRep:
    I would expect to be on 35-40k by the time I'm 30, 60-80k by the time I'm 40. and 100k+ by the time I'm 50.

ReputationRep:
    As long as I make more than my father (25k a year) I'd be happy lol.
    Probably around 30k though.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    Damn straight! Got loads of awesome things coming up! A couple of really good gigs, a comedy night, the return of the F1 season, hopefully a trip to the Belgian GP this year, trips to the countryside, the perigee of the moon, band practice and the fair at the park. Add this lovely weather and I really couldn't ask for more!

Money is all good, but I really don't need much to be happy.
    To be fair, you need money to be able to do that stuff

(Original post by SennaRacer77)
    25k a yr is a little right?
    Ummm no.
    Its around the average salary in the UK, and there are an awful lot of families on less than that as a household.

ReputationRep:
    25K a year? you all mad?! THIS IS TSR DAMMIT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    To be fair, you need money to be able to do that stuff
    :p: You may have a point there... :ninja: But at least it's not loads of money!

ReputationRep:
    I want to aim for at least my age. So at 24 earn £24,000, at 30 earn £30,000, etc.

Although this is the minimum I'd want to earn, ideally it would be more than this. Once I'm at "maximum earnings" if you like, I wouldn't mind being on over £70k.

Whether this will happen or not is another matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Salary is irrelevant. I would work for free for my perfect job.
    And how will you pay your bills whilst your working for 'free' ... that was such a dumb thing to say

ReputationRep:
    net or gross? we have really high taxes out here, so that makes a different

(Original post by aarora)
    And how will you pay your bills whilst your working for 'free' ... that was such a dumb thing to say
    Hyperbole.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I am currently earning 27K per annum at and get to travel with work a lot so i'm very lucky. However I am giving it all up to go back to university as I had to leave due to health troubles!

I know that my start wage in my new career will be substantially lower than what I am on now and it will take me a long time to get back but I think you have to think about what you enjoy and love and balance that against your monetary expectations!

But to answer your question about 35-40k would make life more comfortable

ReputationRep:
    Considering my parents both earn over 60k I probably want a job that earns at its peak 100k.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'm 25, earning £20k, would like to be on £25k by October which I'd be very happy with considering my highest qualification is an A in GCSE maths.

I am in pretty much the same situation. Though I am 22 :smug:

:p:

My ideal salary would be in the high sixties by the next election. :scrooge:

ReputationRep:
    As long as i'm earning enough to pay the morgage/rent and bills (incl. TV licence, Broadband and mobile contract), as well as food and 1 holiday a year then i don't care what i earn
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Once I get some experience and contacts, I want to become a private contractor. That way I'll get to set my own hours and own wage (providing I'm still offering an a good price for my services).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Salary is irrelevant. I would work for free for my perfect job.
    How would you eat?

ReputationRep:
    £50K +

ReputationRep:
    Whilst employed by someone else....£40K per annum.
    When I start my own business, I'd be happy with paying myself....£150,000 per annum, with a healthy company turnover of £5 million or so per annum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamil1987)
    How would you eat?
    Probably eat the **** that comes out the mouth.

ReputationRep:
    Enough to pay the rent/mortgage on a house and travel a bit I'm hoping to go into academic research/lecturing but I can't imagine salaries in humanities will be fantastic. To be honest right now, as long as I have some sort of work and can save up some pennies for the masters I'll be happy.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.