The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
my mamma is taking me in the morning and then going shopping on her own until the afternoon (cos last interview is at 3). bless her!! i hope she buys me something nice lol :biggrin:
Reply 61
parents can be cool.
my old man offerred to have a 'chat' with my interviewer coz he drove me virtually to tears.
Your Dad wouldn't have the first name 'Don' followed by an Italian surname would he? Would this chat include making the interviewer an offer he couldn't refuse? :wink:
Reply 63
My mummy's driving me up but is letting me stay in Newnham overnight whilst she stays in a B&B in Cherry Hinton (which is next to a greeeeeat curry place, if Newnham won't feed me, we'll probably go there.. mmm)

My mum's not really overprotective, she's gotten a lot better in the past year or so. Plus I have stayed the night in Newnham before (in year 10..) so I'll be somewhat familiar with it.

Naelse, you sheepdogging again this year? :smile:
Reply 64
i'm 24 so there would be something wrong if i took my p's :p:
Reply 65
FadeToBlackout
Your Dad wouldn't have the first name 'Don' followed by an Italian surname would he? Would this chat include making the interviewer an offer he couldn't refuse? :wink:

No lol, he never had a 'chat' lol, he was just not particularly impressed as to the fact that i was a nervous/chin wobbling/on the verge of fainting wreck when I left the interview room :p:
Reply 66
Was I the only one who actually enjoyed my interview and came out with a massive grin? :/
Reply 67
Oh I enjoyed my first one, my interviewer was a jewel...everyone else hated him and thought he was mad though...maybe that says something about me...
Reply 68
I enjoyed my interview, I felt it went quite well, but in everyone's interview, there will have been things you wish you did differently in hindsight.
my mom is driving me down the day b4 and staying in a hotel - but im gonna try and stay with anyone i meet in the college if poss - if i meet ne1 in the college - which im hoping to do!!!
Reply 70
Kavanne

Naelse, you sheepdogging again this year? :smile:

No, I'm not... I'm going away to berlin for the first half of the first week of interviews, and then going back to london on the 10th to avoid paying extra rent :smile: sheepdogging was great fun last year but I'm exhausted and just need a break. I was working 8am-1am sometimes, because I was shepherd (head sheepdog) and so needed to sort out a couple that were getting v panicky etc, and well let's just say that we were barely paid- the money was just enough to cover our meals while we were there! So yes, take care of your shepherd!
supercat - You've always wondered how to pronounce Widnes?! I hate to say it but really you need to get out more! It's just pronounced how it's spelt I suppose, unless you're a really hardcore Widnesian, in which case it'd be Widnus.

apd35 - Have you ever been to the Rhode Island Coffee Shop in Warrington town centre? Deary me it's fabulous! About the only decent one within a 15 mile radius of Widnes. Which is so backwards that it doesn't even have a coffee shop.
Reply 72
Rose_Greenthumb
supercat - You've always wondered how to pronounce Widnes?! I hate to say it but really you need to get out more! It's just pronounced how it's spelt I suppose, unless you're a really hardcore Widnesian, in which case it'd be Widnus.

apd35 - Have you ever been to the Rhode Island Coffee Shop in Warrington town centre? Deary me it's fabulous! About the only decent one within a 15 mile radius of Widnes. Which is so backwards that it doesn't even have a coffee shop.

So true on Widnes pronunciation :rofl:
Yes I have been in Rhode Island, it's really nice, proper sofas and everything, but I haven't been in over 3 months so it could have changed.
apd35
So true on Widnes pronunciation :rofl:
Yes I have been in Rhode Island, it's really nice, proper sofas and everything, but I haven't been in over 3 months so it could have changed.

To my knowledge it still has nice, proper sofas. And jolly scrummy chocolate cake that they warm up and serve with cream... Not to completely hijack this thread or anything!
apd35
Wait and see what happens if you get in, I keep on hearing about people referring to Birmmingham and Wolverhampton as really far up North, then when I say where I'm from, blank looks. I don't think some of them had ever met anyone who actually is from up North (i.e. North West or further North)

But An-deh, anything North of Watford is surely Scotland :confused:

I would have died had parents offered to come - but I am one of the most independent people you might be able to meet. I probably would have ran off/jumped off the car/train to make my own way there had they insisted :-)
Reply 75
Okay, maybe "always wondered" was a slight exaggeration! It just looks odd, thought it might be "Widdens" or something.
Reply 76
synaesthesia
But An-deh, anything North of Watford is surely Scotland :confused:

I would have died had parents offered to come - but I am one of the most independent people you might be able to meet. I probably would have ran off/jumped off the car/train to make my own way there had they insisted :-)

First paragraph, slander!!!! You've been talking to Richie T too much!

Yeah, I got the train down from up North, and then WALKED (yes, I didn't get a cab) from the station to Trinity. Independence is always good, learn to live without having someone else watching over you, you'll greatly benefit from it.
Reply 77
I walked to Jesus from the station, cold air woke me up somewhat before my interview

Latest

Trending

Trending