Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it really that bad to not go to a top uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've not worked as hard as I should of these past two year and well my physics and maths grades have reflected it.
    I'm on track for get a B(art),C,C and I have a C,E at AS, obviously they're not good enough to get me into any prestigous uni. So I've applied to lincoln for computer science.
    I'm planning to be more serious about the work at university which I've already started doing for my A2 exams.

So I'm just wondering if I got a 2.1 or 1st at lincoln university would it be enough to give a chance at a job afterwards. (I'm doing a sandwich course so I'll a year of work experience behind my back too!)

Also if I did get a 2.1 or 1st would it be worth while going to a better university to get a masters? For example doing a part time masters at nottingham univeristy - (Computer Science and Entrepreneurship Masters (MSc) ). It would be part time since I'd have to work to be afford to take a masters.

Thank you to anyone who reads and offers any help/information. =)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.