Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    How come? Do other religious folk hold similar biases? Is there some scriptural ban on fighting fellow Muslims?
    I would have done the same thing if i was in his position.... not that i wud ever be..............just saying

ReputationRep:
    So what? It's his right with whom he associates or not.

ReputationRep:
    Evidently and undeniably he likes Muslims more than non-Muslims and thinks it's OK to harm and fight "infidels" and wrong to harm his Brothers-In-Islam. It's hardly a shock--Muslims seem to adopt such a perverted morality wherever in the world they live. Jordan, say.

There is no empirical evidence to suggest that Muslims, as a community or religion, anywhere treat non-Muslims with anything but hatred or contempt when they do not have to be more respectful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zooropa)
    The key libertarian failure: to recognise that the way people form, and then act as "groups" makes for the reality of all our culures and societies.

--------------

(Original post by Milli)
    I would have done the same thing if i was in his position.... not that i wud ever be..............just saying
    Back in the "Green" Milli! Yeehah!

--------------

(Original post by Weejimmie)
    It might be worth checking on whether there are any muslims at his weight who are better boxers than he is. When people suddenly find a principle, there's generally other reasons.
    Some truth there no doubt..

ReputationRep:
    hameed has got it all wrong,

firstly boxing is not allowed in islam and secondly harming any human being doesnt matter what religon they are is not allowed either,

(Original post by ArthurOliver)
    There is no empirical evidence to suggest that Muslims, as a community or religion, anywhere treat non-Muslims with anything but hatred or contempt when they do not have to be more respectful.
    Agreed.....Any takers on this??....speak now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaby)

firstly boxing is not allowed in islam and secondly harming any human being doesnt matter what religon they are is not allowed either,
    I had a pal who "reverted", he went from being a good-looking, charming guy who wandered around half naked most of the time to always wearing trousers and long sleeves and frowning at all of human life.

He said he was forbidden to show even his forearms to women that didn't "belong" to him or his father. He wouldn't have made a good boxer anyway, but he sure passed on a lot of trim--I did my best to console the girls he turned away. Religion can be cruel.

~I smugly love that people who follow a religion can never agree on it's rules. God must constantly be giving a Homer, "doh!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimez)
    "Screwing" any individual unjustly is prohibited, yes even economically.
    Whereas justly screwing them is allowed.
    Now it's clear.

ReputationRep:
    I could kick both their arses.

ReputationRep:

if you ask me the guy is pretty stupid !! another backward thinking muther hustler who has no idea what exactly he is doing he should just retire and let kahn take over cos after statements like that its not like your going to get anywere !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zooropa)
    Don't be bloody Libertarian about this!

We're are clearly exercising our rights to criticise the way he exercises his rights. We are not invoking the state or some higher authority to make him fight Muslims or throw him in prison on some jumped-up racism charge. This has nothing to do with his right of association.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 25, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.