Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance, I need help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi this is my 1st year for applying for student finance & I'm stuck in a certain area.

I've come to the stage where I want my parents to support my application, on my account page I can click on a link which says 'Parents/Partners Support an Application 2011/12' & whenever I go into the link this comes up:

'You are not linked to any student for academic year 2011/12.'

The thing is both my parents have an online account & whenever I log onto it it brings up all my sister's info because she applied for student finance last year, & there isn't any section where I can add myself or anything!

So basically now I don't know how my parents will be able to support me or fill in an application because of the writing I made bold!!
    HOW DO I LINK MY PARENTS TO ME ON MY APPLICATION????

I'm going to get my mum to ring student finance later to ask them what to do but I was wondering in the meantime if anyone has had this problem before or if anyone knows what to do?? :confused:

Everything is sooo confusing , & it has been made even more confusing because I'll be a student nurse come Sept & everything's turning into a nightmare!

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Im having the same Problems too...
    Planning on calling Student Finanace in a few minutes.
    Have you solved the problem??

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't yet. Wasn't able to ring them today. But if you do get an answer then I'd be grateful if you could let me know wtf is going on! .

ReputationRep:
    Same problem also, if you guys have the solution yet lol! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottelisabeth)

I've come to the stage where I want my parents to support my application, on my account page I can click on a link which says 'Parents/Partners Support an Application 2011/12' & whenever I go into the link this comes up:

'You are not linked to any student for academic year 2011/12.'

The thing is both my parents have an online account & whenever I log onto it it brings up all my sister's info because she applied for student finance last year, & there isn't any section where I can add myself or anything!

So basically now I don't know how my parents will be able to support me or fill in an application because of the writing I made bold!!
    HOW DO I LINK MY PARENTS TO ME ON MY APPLICATION????
    HI, i have the same problem, have you found the solution to fix this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesimpsons)
    HI, i have the same problem, have you found the solution to fix this?
    I spoke to student finance yesterday, they didn't give me a straight answer. They said that glitches like this happens and because there is obviously some sort of error that I should just print off the parent/partner support applications, fill them in and send them off in the post. So that's what I'm doing seeing as I wasn't able to do it online for whatever reason.

Do you already have any siblings at Uni? Because what you're supposed to do is set up accounts for both your parents and then on their accounts you can add all your details on it but whenever I logged onto their accounts it brought up all my sis's info (who is already at Uni) and there wasn't anywhere for me to add my info onto their accounts. So if you don't have any siblings in Uni then it shouldn't be a problem for you to set up accounts for your parents and then add your details.

Otherwise do what I did and do it in paper form. Here's the link for the forms -
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...ners/DG_171588

The appropriate forms are about half way down the page under 'How to submit your financial details on paper.' You should just do what I'm doing! I just want it done and sent off asap!

Hope this helps .

ReputationRep:
    You will need to submit your own application before your parent can be linked to your account. If you haven't done this yet, that will be why you can't progress.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, did anybody find a solution to this problem? I've had my account set up for years (started uni in 2009) but trying to link a parent support account, no idea how..

ReputationRep:
    Same issue!

Filled my section out and it goes to the screen saying 'apply for this amount'.

But I want to put parents income in.

Do I send mine off and then do my parents after or is there a way to link my parents account to mine?!

Doing my head in!! Can't believe they haven't made changes, since people have been having this problem since 2011!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Please look at thread dates before posting.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.