The Student Room Group

Stuck in the middle...

Ok so I've been seeing my boyfriend for about a year now. We were friends beforehand and it's been going great.. I really see us lasting a long time, like we've planned out university together and stuff and I really love him. He also seems to feel the same about me.
There's obviously no problem there. But another male friend of mine seems to like me. He's a great guy and an amazing friend but we've been talking a lot more and I kinda felt like i was leading him on so i said to him I thought we shouldn't speak to me anymore and he just told me all this stuff about how he loves me and has for a long time and stuff.
This was the text he sent..
Soon you'll be going to london or uni and i'll miss you so much. I won't cope without you. I need you. I want everything. I'm so jealous of (my boyfriend) every day and it makes me sad you're with someone else and always will be. I think you just understand me a lot. You're beautiful. A while ago you asked me which girls i thought were hot and stuff and i gave you this big list to look like a lad or something. For some reason i was scared to tell you what i truly felt. I know you've always been the best looking girl i've ever seen. The way your hair goes, your eyes, your nose your smile, your whole body. I love you and i know it because i've felt it for so long. I know there were other girls in between but they were nothing like you. You know i'm the least forward person about my feelings but please please believe me. You make my heart beat fast and it feels like i've been kicked in the stomach. You tell me that i'll meet someone else but tbh i don't want to i just want you. I'll never ever forget you. I just want to run away to london with you.
I mean what am I meant to do?! Like I know people will probably just have a go like oooh isn't life hard when two guys want you. But I really care about my friend and this doesn't seem fair. I'm not going to leave my boyfriend and he knows it but it still feels like I'm being a total bitch.
I dunno, personally I think it's kind of inconsiderate of him to just foist that **** on you and make things awkward when he knows you're happy as you are, seems like a kind of emotional blackmail. Just make it clear what your position is, nobody likes unrequited love but sometimes that's just how the chips fall.
Reply 2
Wow.

You just need to be straight with him. Say you don't want to lose him as a friend but you just don't feel the same way, you don't want to hurt him. Its hard. Plus you have a bf and he knows this, so just say you're sorry but you're with someone else and have a stable relationships and you don't want to jeopardise that.

That was one of the sweetest things I've ever read. Poor guy :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Wow.

You just need to be straight with him. Say you don't want to lose him as a friend but you just don't feel the same way, you don't want to hurt him. Its hard. Plus you have a bf and he knows this, so just say you're sorry but you're with someone else and have a stable relationships and you don't want to jeopardise that.

That was one of the sweetest things I've ever read. Poor guy :frown:

Thanks. Great advice :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest