Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't know who has heard this but I heard it on radio 1 and I thought it was great. Its gunna be a contender for Xmas number 1 and I really hope it beats any x factor crap because its a great happy song and i think it deserves it. If you search on google you'll find the link where you can listen.

I think it might have to be the first single in many years that I actually go out and buy.

ReputationRep:
    Meh what a load of *******s

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've heard this, it's sweet. Didn't really like it the first time I heard it but if you listen to the words it has a whole anti-bullying message running through it as well as the 'I love my Dad' thing...Aww

ReputationRep:
    hey yeah i head it few months ago in one of my lecutres! lol of all places. our lecturer is best mates with the guy who did the animation for the video to the JCB song. He just came in this week to talk to us about it. it was cool ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I love the song it's really sweet, and the video is great!!

ReputationRep:
    I can't listen to it in public - it makes me cry!

But it does contain two of the best words in the English language: 'bum' and 'berserk'.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, its such a lovely song - something you can just sit and listen to quietly! Everything on the radio at the moment seems so `try hard` and them something as blissful as this comes along.... ah.....!!

Radio 1 is seriously hammering it at the moment, its on ALL the time - I really hope it doesnt eventually do my head in!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You have to see the video if you havn't already.
    www.jcbsong.co.uk/jcbvideo.asp

The funny thing about it, is that about a year ago someone emailed me that link, I liked it but thought nothing more of it until the weekend when I heard Sara cox play it.

I'd love it to be Christmas number one
    X factor winner is the favourite though, and I really can't see it beating that.
    http://www.ladbrokes.com/lbr_portal?...LAYOUT=default

ReputationRep:
    Such a sweet song, I really like it having heard it a few times. Thought it was an advert for JCBs at first! lol.

Hope it gets christmas number 1, it would deserve it - like someone else said, it's such a happy song!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I don't know who has heard this but I heard it on radio 1 and I thought it was great. Its gunna be a contender for Xmas number 1 and I really hope it beats any x factor crap because its a great happy song and i think it deserves it. If you search on google you'll find the link where you can listen.

I think it might have to be the first single in many years that I actually go out and buy.
    Just to clarify - The X Factor winner will NOT be releasing a song for the Christmas number one.

This song remains the bookies favourite to be the Xmas topper.

EDIT: Shayne Ward is releasing "That's My Goal" for Xmas Number One - is that a dign he's going to win or are they just hedging their bets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    Just to clarify - The X Factor winner will NOT be releasing a song for the Christmas number one.

This song remains the bookies favourite to be the Xmas topper.

EDIT: Shayne Ward is releasing "That's My Goal" for Xmas Number One - is that a dign he's going to win or are they just hedging their bets?
    Was anyone else utterly confused by this post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    Was anyone else utterly confused by this post?
    It was in reponse to Daveo saying that it was better than The X Factor rubbish - except it's not going against that 'rubbish' for Xmas Number One.

Except for Shayne Ward, one of the finalists, who IS releasing a song against it.

ReputationRep:
    better tell that to ladbrokes
    http://www.ladbrokes.com/lbr_portal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KidA)
    better tell that to ladbrokes
    http://www.ladbrokes.com/lbr_portal
    Simon Cowell has said it quite a few times now when he's been interviewed.

Added to the fact the series doesn't finish until Xmas Eve - it's not possible for the winner to release a single in time.

Having said that, at least two X Factor finalists will be releasing singles, just not the winner.

I think the JCB song has a great chance of beating them, however.

ReputationRep:
    I heart this song.

Almost makes me cry as well.. and I'm supposed to have a heart of stone damnit

ReputationRep:
    According to Ladbrokes, the odds for 'X Factor Winner' are 4/6. Nizlopi are 2/1.

(Interestingly, the odds on Santa having the xmas number one are 33/1).

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the X Factor winner WILL now be releasing song for Xmas No 1 (probably going to happen all the time so don't know why I've heard differently) - two-horse race between them and this song methinks.

ReputationRep:
    i think this song will pip it to the post though, remember how rushed the pop idol songs have been etc?

ReputationRep:
    what a load of tat!

i seriously would rather have the awful westlife and diana ross one!

anyone can sing like a busker over a slow beat....

ReputationRep:
    the X factor contestents have already recorded their song for when they win so who ever wins on the saturday of the final their CD will be on sale on the mon!!! they have each got their song recorded and it is not a cover apparently!

as for the JCB song! i love it i love the rap bit near the end! and how the video is like drawn on lined paper!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.