The Student Room Group

How easy is it to move to Australia?

For somebody like this, how easy would it be to migrate to and find a job in Australia, assuming they had the following:

No criminal record

Business degree from a top, prestigious UK university

5 years work experience in finance/management

An MBA

UK citizenship, aged in late twenties, no partner or children

If you need me to put more info just ask.
Get a girlfriend, get married = win :smile:
Fail, wrong forum loser. Not related to Health or Relationships.
Original post by SuperiorHuman
Fail, wrong forum loser. Not related to Health or Relationships.

Back in the old days trolling meant something.
Reply 4
Not sure about full on emigrating, but it's incredibly easy to get a WHV (working holiday visa) and spend two years out there. You can't work for the same employer for more than six months, and to stay the second year you must complete 3 months farm(ish) work within your first twelve months.

Plenty of time to:
a) Meet a girl. Fall in love. Get married.
b) Impress a boss and get a permanent job offer.
Reply 5
fairly difficult unless you are on the skills shortage list - dentists, nurses, hairdressers, doctors etc. do a google search and it should come up
Reply 6
Difficult

First you have to get a one year visa (not difficult in itself)
Then get a job = not so easy as a lot of companies don't like working visas as they know it is short term
Then find another job after 6 months
Then - apply for a second year working visa (have to show them you were doing at least 1 month I think valuable work such as fruit picking)
Finally, get a company to sponsor you which will get you a further 2 years visa I think (but if that job ends you have to leave the country)
And then apply to become an Australian citizen

Like Organ said - easier if you have a relevant skills - I know tradesmen are needed (electricians, carpenters), there is a website you can look it up.

Failing that - yes find a nice Australian citizen and get married!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending