Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why guys don't approach + Why girls moan about guys staring... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikoghoo)
    I think you're missing something, if a hot guy is staring at a girl, then she smiles back. Girls look at you like you're a wierdo because YOU are 'either ugly or fail at life.'
    But they don't. And I know from experience, because I was " staring " at one girl and she stared back at me like wtf is the dude looking at, and as a matter of fact I encountered her in a situation later that day which meant I had to talk to her, and we ended up chatting about the stare, and she said she was interested but she I was just looking and not doing nothing.

ReputationRep:
    But some guys will stare at every girl they see which is annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)
    But some guys will stare at every girl they see which is annoying.
    I've not made this very clear...

When I say stare I don't mean literally staring without blinking whilst drooling. Lets change it to " Looking at, with intent of approaching, but hasn't receiving any sign from the girl he's looking at that she wants to be approached "

ReputationRep:
    If you're an ugly guy and you stare at a girl, they'll think you're a creep.

If you're a good looking guy and you stare at a girl, they're probably gagging for you to approach them.

Girls are as shallow as guys, what makes it worse is the way they try to be subtle about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billo007)
    I don't have a fear of rejection, therefore I'm ugly and fail at life

Thanks OP :yy:
    LOL! I'm with you on this one! ;P

(Original post by Jacktri)
    I generally find girls just look away rather than look at you like you are a weirdo
    True. This is what I do. (:

(Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    And girls when you're interested in a guy and he's staring at you, it's not because he's a creep, it's because he's interested. This means DON'T look at him like a weirdo because he's staring, just smile. If you smile guys will just approach so much more.
    I've heard this before but tbh, at the back of my mind, the thought "Do I have something weird on my face?" still lingers. :P

Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yokabasha)
    I'm a guy and I know what you mean, to me they're more like serial killers. My mate is one them, even I think he's a serial killer at times.
    This made me laugh, right at a time when I'm feeling proper down.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    So I'm ugly and fail at life.Great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yokabasha)
    Lol just telling it how it is...

Hope whatever's wrong, that it'll turn out alright in the end
    That's the way things should be said..no point beating about the bush.

Cheers I'm sure I'll find a way of distracting myself from the thing annoying me.

ReputationRep:
    But they don't. And I know from experience, because I was " staring " at one girl and she stared back at me like wtf is the dude looking at, and as a matter of fact I encountered her in a situation later that day which meant I had to talk to her, and we ended up chatting about the stare, and she said she was interested but she I was just looking and not doing nothing.
    LOL what do you think man... hmm but fair enough, maybe you're just one of those guys that constantly looks pissed off or angry... or you give off stalkery 'I'm gonna gitchu / I'm thinking about you' look which is weird

get it on the train at times (those people that stare at you for no reason), it IS weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilkyC)
    If you're an ugly guy and you stare at a girl, they'll think you're a creep.

If you're a good looking guy and you stare at a girl, they're probably gagging for you to approach them.

Girls are as shallow as guys, what makes it worse is the way they try to be subtle about it.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    should i not lick my lips too?

ok I dont want to come as cocky or anything ..I am a good looking guy and I stared at this girl once and she stared back , after that it went all down hill , she would never even look up to my face ..so..

ReputationRep:
    Clearly guys don't approach for one reason, you're either ugly and fail at life, or most likely they're scared of getting rejected.

Why be scared of rejection? It's part of life, what's the worst that can happen, she says PISS off you ****-head, then you never see her again. Now that's the WORST case scenario....

And girls when you're interested in a guy and he's staring at you, it's not because he's a creep, it's because he's interested. This means DON'T look at him like a weirdo because he's staring, just smile. If you smile guys will just approach so much more.
    It's not the worst case scenario if you know you will be seeing her again. She could try and mock you for it every time you see her and get her friends in on the act too (that could sound like I'm speaking from personal experience there, but I'm not...yet).

Regarding smiling, I think I know what you mean but I can't really complain. I do the same myself (whether it's looking at a girl I'm interested in and not smiling or not smiling when the girl looks at me).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fandabidoze!)
    It's not the worst case scenario if you know you will be seeing her again. She could try and mock you for it every time you see her and get her friends in on the act too (that could sound like I'm speaking from personal experience there, but I'm not...yet).

Regarding smiling, I think I know what you mean but I can't really complain. I do the same myself (whether it's looking at a girl I'm interested in and not smiling or not smiling when the girl looks at me).
    That's just being silly now, what girl would do that lol c'mon...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for sharing such important (and refreshing) information with us.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly guys don't approach for one reason, you're either ugly and fail at life, or most likely they're scared of getting rejected.

Why be scared of rejection? It's part of life, what's the worst that can happen, she says PISS off you ****-head, then you never see her again. Now that's the WORST case scenario....

That's not the worst that can happen.

The worst that can happen is she laughs and *****es to her friends, and then one of those friends happens to know a friend you know, and word gets around, and you get labelled as a desperate loser.

It's a small world, mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pressure)
    That's not the worst that can happen.

The worst that can happen is she laughs and *****es to her friends, and then one of those friends happens to know a friend you know, and word gets around, and you get labelled as a desperate loser.

It's a small world, mate.
    It's possible of course, my scenario was the most realistic one, of course there's worse cases, however they're more rare.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.