Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Knock on effect of cyber compliments watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Due to msn and more recently facebook i find that girls are more de sensitized to compliments, every day somebody tells a girl she is 'beautiful' or 'stunning' via the internet. Not only does this make the compliments almost meaningless but gives many females an over inflated sence of self worth. Or am i wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Of course its meaningless, they're just kissing arse so that said female friend will comment the same on their pics. Then you have the white knights of course :lol:. The rep system as it is creates a similar phenomenon on here.

ReputationRep:
    on the positive side though, we have cyber sex

ReputationRep:
    Can't have "females" feeling good about themselves or having a sense of self worth now can we, how dreadful. They need to know their place and be extremely grateful to any guy that deigns them attractive enough to pay them a shallow and empty complement.

Though I agree that compliments on appearances have become meaningless nowadays, so, you're half right.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe at the age of 13. Most people grow out of it by about 15 I'd say

ReputationRep:
    I've seen some MINGING girls get complimented by their mates on EVERY picture. It is meaningless I think and all for show so they are perceived pretty.

Duckfaced girls are the worst offenders. :puke:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.