Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    It's not like the men forced themselves on the girl. SHE INITIATED IT.
    So when this 12 year old flirted and 'led' on the gang of 6 men, at some point she obviously felt it was out of control and asked them to stop. They didn't stop. They, like everyone, are expected to have self-control and 'no' means 'no', especially in the case of a 12 year old kid. By the way I am a man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    So you think it's disgusting whether they use contraception or not, because some people sometimes don't use contraception? That's illogical.
    Yes I do still think it's disgusting whether they use it or not, and no not because some people sometimes don't use it. The pregnancy and not knowing who the father is thing was just another reason. Genitalia are called 'private parts' for a reason, they aren't for the whole world to see and use! We're meant to be a civilised society, not a bunch of wild animals that **** whoever they like the look of :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It is rape, they were underage, however, they are so disgustingly stupid for doing that, I mean, a twelve year old doesn't normally go around lying about their age for sex...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    I find it really hard to be sorry for the boys. What they did was wrong on so many levels. Even if the girls were 16, taking turns to do what they did in public shows the level of respect they have for women. And the one who have a 12yo sister wasn't thinking that that could of been his sisget did he? they're all as bad as each other, now just imagine what they will do if they made it to the big leagues and start making real money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picaa)
    So when this 12 year old flirted and 'led' on the gang of 6 men, at some point she obviously felt it was out of control and asked them to stop. They didn't stop. They, like everyone, are expected to have self-control and 'no' means 'no', especially in the case of a 12 year old kid. By the way I am a man.
    It doesn't say that in the report, you're just making stuff up now, the girl never asked them to stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippa90)
    Yes I do still think it's disgusting whether they use it or not, and no not because some people sometimes don't use it. The pregnancy and not knowing who the father is thing was just another reason.
    Ok so if that's not your main reason, what is? You just keep evading the question.

Genitalia are called 'private parts' for a reason, they aren't for the whole world to see and use!
    :facepalm:

Nobody except people like you call them 'private parts'. You sound like an immature 8 year old frankly.

You can't tell me what I can and can't do with my own body, you can do whatever you want with yours but it's your opinion if you think your genitalia is something to be ashamed of!

I'm not ashamed of the natural body I was born with and see no reason why I, or anyone else, should be.

We're meant to be a civilised society, not a bunch of wild animals that **** whoever they like the look of :rolleyes:
    I think you've fallen into the fallacy of thinking that just because we wear clothes we must be civilised. If anything that is backward thinking. Just because we wear clothes it doesn't make us any different from the animals we are. Clothes are there to keep us warm, nothing else.

What's wrong with someone ****ing anyone they like the look of if they want to aswell? Does that not fit into your antiquated idea of what being "civilised" is? :lol:

Being civilised is having respect and empathy for your common man, not your idea, which is trying to distance ourselves from animals, repressing our sexuality and pretending we aren't something we are as much as possible, that is just denying who we really are.

ReputationRep:
    There's a big physical difference wteen a 12 year old and a 16 year old! There's no way you wouldn't notice.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't say that in the report, you're just making stuff up now, the girl never asked them to stop.
    Even if she didn't tell them to stop, she didn't have the mental maturity to consent to sex as she was only 12. It's obviously not normal for a girl to invite a bunch of guys she fancies to run a train on her in a shed or somewhere public like that. Why didn't alarm bells ring in their heads? It's not everyday that a football team will get offered to do such unusual things. Some people are immature or lack the basic common sense to make decisions like that for themselves, e.g. the mentally handicapped and minors. That's when responsible adults need to have the initiative to protect the vulnerable or at desist from taking advantage of their immature proclivities. We have a responsibility as a society to protect the children. If we can't even do that, then we're ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picaa)
    Even if she didn't tell them to stop, she didn't have the mental maturity to consent to sex as she was only 12. It's obviously not normal for a girl to invite a bunch of guys she fancies to run a train on her in a shed or somewhere public like that. Why didn't alarm bells ring in their heads? It's not everyday that a football team will get offered to do such unusual things. Some people are immature or lack the basic common sense to make decisions like that for themselves, e.g. the mentally handicapped and minors. That's when responsible adults need to have the initiative to protect the vulnerable or at desist from taking advantage of their immature proclivities. We have a responsibility as a society to protect the children. If we can't even do that, then we're ****ed.
    There are a lot of teenage ****s, a quick internet search will verify this.

If a bunch testosterone fuelled guys are offered sex by someone who they think is legal, they aren't going to turn it down, sorry, but that's the world we live in.

ReputationRep:
    There are a lot of teenage ****s, a quick internet search will verify this.

If a bunch testosterone fuelled guys are offered sex by someone who they think is legal, they aren't going to turn it down, sorry, but that's the world we live in.
    We all have natural urges but sometimes we are expected to put the brakes on. This is one of those scenarios. As they were found guilty, the court ruled in this case that they were either negligent or they knew in their minds that the girl was underaged. If the jury thought they were genuinely innocent in their minds, they would not have been convicted. It's not like a 17 year old buying alcohol from a shop because they look 18, where the shop is guilty of supplying them the alcohol and could lose their licence even if they genuinely thought the person was 18. It's a serious crime and there has to be recklessness or a positive intention to commit it, otherwise the accused is not guilty.

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for the guys...

If the girls truly did look 16, truly were ASKING for it with 100% consent, how many people can honestly say they'd ask for proof of age? If they didn't look quite 16 which is more likely, then the guys were probably irresponsible but still, if a girl who looks CLOSE/POSSIBLY 16 was asking for it with full consent, are you really expecting to end up in jail for it? I dislike how the news report likes to call it 'rape' every 10 words - yes, that's what it's classed as, but most readers will just see the word and assume the girls didn't consent, when they clearly did...

I think the parents are the most to blame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picaa)
    We all have natural urges but sometimes we are expected to put the brakes on. This is one of those scenarios. As they were found guilty, the court ruled in this case that they were either negligent or they knew in their minds that the girl was underaged. If the jury thought they were genuinely innocent in their minds, they would not have been convicted. It's not like a 17 year old buying alcohol from a shop because they look 18, where the shop is guilty of supplying them the alcohol and could lose their licence even if they genuinely thought the person was 18. It's a serious crime and there has to be recklessness or a positive intention to commit it, otherwise the accused is not guilty.
    The entire point of the thread is to discuss whether the jury was correct.

Saying "the jury were correct as they must be correct because they're the jury so the sentence is justified" is just backward.

It's almost exactly like the alcohol scenario, you seem to think that the girls didn't enjoy themselves at all, girls do crave sex too, a common misconception these days. One of the 12 year olds wasn't a virgin at the time... The girls asked these men for sex directly, the men didn't force themselves upon them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picaa)
    As they were found guilty, the court ruled in this case that they were either negligent or they knew in their minds that the girl was underaged. If the jury thought they were genuinely innocent in their minds, they would not have been convicted.
    That's incorrect. Having sex with a 12 year old is illegal even if you think they are over 16. So yes, they would have been convicted even if the jury thought they genuinely believed the girls to be over the age of consent.

There was a case a few months ago when a 19 year old was convicted for having sex with a 12 year old. All evidence pointed to the fact that he honestly thought she was 16. By the sounds of it the judge was convinced he believed she was 16, but had to follow the law and convict him anyway. The judge actually seemed pretty sympathetic and gave him the minimum sentence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    That's incorrect. Having sex with a 12 year old is illegal even if you think they are over 16. So yes, they would have been convicted even if the jury thought they genuinely believed the girls to be over the age of consent.

There was a case a few months ago when a 19 year old was convicted for having sex with a 12 year old. All evidence pointed to the fact that he honestly thought she was 16. By the sounds of it the judge was convinced he believed she was 16, but had to follow the law and convict him anyway. The judge actually seemed pretty sympathetic and gave him the minimum sentence.
    So what you're saying is that it doesn't matter what was in their minds, they would have been strictly guilty just as long as the girl happened to be underaged... Interesting, I didn't know that. So this is something that you guys think is unjust? I don't know adult-like this girl looked but the numbers side still doesn't sound right to me. 14, 15 years old.. maybe she could be thought to be 16. But 12?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picaa)
    So what you're saying is that it doesn't matter what was in their minds, they would have been strictly guilty just as long as the girl happened to be underaged... Interesting, I didn't know that. So this is something that you guys think is unjust? I don't know adult-like this girl looked but the numbers side still doesn't sound right to me. 14, 15 years old.. maybe she could be thought to be 16. But 12?
    It's only true for under 13s. It's not illegal to have sex with a 13 year old if you think they're 16.

I guess the reason the law is like this is because they figured there's practically no chance of mistaking a 12 year old for a 16 year old. Apparently not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denny Crane)
    I find it really hard to be sorry for the boys. What they did was wrong on so many levels. Even if the girls were 16, taking turns to do what they did in public shows the level of respect they have for women. And the one who have a 12yo sister wasn't thinking that that could of been his sisget did he? they're all as bad as each other, now just imagine what they will do if they made it to the big leagues and start making real money.
    no disrespect it has got nothing to do with having no respect for women...trains have been run for years lol GIRLS LOVE SEX it's not just us...they got what they wanted although i do think the guys should be punished (if the girls genuinley do look 12)

ReputationRep:
    Ok so if that's not your main reason, what is? You just keep evading the question.

:facepalm:

Nobody except people like you call them 'private parts'. You sound like an immature 8 year old frankly.

You can't tell me what I can and can't do with my own body, you can do whatever you want with yours but it's your opinion if you think your genitalia is something to be ashamed of!

I'm not ashamed of the natural body I was born with and see no reason why I, or anyone else, should be.

I think you've fallen into the fallacy of thinking that just because we wear clothes we must be civilised. If anything that is backward thinking. Just because we wear clothes it doesn't make us any different from the animals we are. Clothes are there to keep us warm, nothing else.

What's wrong with someone ****ing anyone they like the look of if they want to aswell? Does that not fit into your antiquated idea of what being "civilised" is? :lol:

Being civilised is having respect and empathy for your common man, not your idea, which is trying to distance ourselves from animals, repressing our sexuality and pretending we aren't something we are as much as possible, that is just denying who we really are.
    My main reason is that if for some reason I went round and had sex with 5 men in one night, I would be disgusted in myself, just an innate feeling. Therefore, I would be disgusted if someone else did it. I'm not saying they can't do it, it's just how I and quite a lot of people would feel about them.

People like me? I haven't used that term in I can't even remember how long, don't know if I've ever even used it! It just came into my mind and it's true, they are generally private areas of the body. Lmao I'm not ashamed of it, I just don't want a load of guys feeling me up thanks.

Surely acting like wild animals is backward thinking? Think you need to read up on evolution.

Okay, let's imagine we're animals then. Not many animals are in long term relationships, they're all just ****ing around, females are getting pregnant here and there and all the children don't know their fathers. The mothers have enough of their kids after a couple of years so abandon them. This is what the general animal system is, do you seriously think this is a good system for humans? I see you on other threads having a go at people for not sleeping around, but THIS is what would happen if we all did and never settled down. Why do you have a go at people who don't sleep around anyway? Is it because some of the girls you've tried to get with aren't into casual sex?

ReputationRep:
    My main reason is that if for some reason I went round and had sex with 5 men in one night, I would be disgusted in myself, just an innate feeling. Therefore, I would be disgusted if someone else did it. I'm not saying they can't do it, it's just how I and quite a lot of people would feel about them.
    How would you feel if you had sex with a woman? This is assuming you're straight, this isn't going to make sense otherwise

ReputationRep:
    So you feel an innate irrational feeling that leads you to despise someone who is doing no harm? That's called prejudice. Look it up.

People like me? I haven't used that term in I can't even remember how long, don't know if I've ever even used it! It just came into my mind and it's true, they are generally private areas of the body. Lmao I'm not ashamed of it, I just don't want a load of guys feeling me up thanks.
    You obviously have some deep seated insecurity about your body.

Surely acting like wild animals is backward thinking? Think you need to read up on evolution.

Okay, let's imagine we're animals then. Not many animals are in long term relationships, they're all just ****ing around, females are getting pregnant here and there and all the children don't know their fathers. The mothers have enough of their kids after a couple of years so abandon them. This is what the general animal system is, do you seriously think this is a good system for humans?
    :facepalm: Are you seriously telling me you've never heard of contraception?
    Idiots on this forum these days. :rolleyes:

I see you on other threads having a go at people for not sleeping around, but THIS is what would happen if we all did and never settled down.
    Nice straw man, where did I disagree with settling down? There's just obviously nothing wrong with sleeping around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    How would you feel if you had sex with a woman? This is assuming you're straight, this isn't going to make sense otherwise
    How would I feel if I had sex with 5 women in one night? Lol I'd still be disgusted in myself Btw before anyone negs me I previously said that I'd be disgusted if I slept with 5 men in one night. Just want to clear that up before anyone thinks I'm a homophobe

So you feel an innate irrational feeling that leads you to despise someone who is doing no harm? That's called prejudice. Look it up.

You obviously have some deep seated insecurity about your body.

:facepalm: Are you seriously telling me you've never heard of contraception?
    Idiots on this forum these days. :rolleyes:

Nice straw man, where did I disagree with settling down? There's just obviously nothing wrong with sleeping around.
    Yeah I guess it is prejudice, but so are most other people about loads of different things.

Yes, because I don't sleep around means I'm insecure about my body. Can you actually hear what you're saying?

Did you not read fully what I said? You were moaning that we weren't embracing our animalistic ways, so I told you what it would be like if all of us did. This includes not settling down (whether or not you agree with it, most animals don't, who you suggested we succumb to be like), so if everyone is sleeping around like animals and using contraception then the human race would soon die out! Get it? Everyone's being animals, having loads of sex with randomers, using contraception, and never settling down. There will be very few offspring from this.

Even though contraception is often used, it can fail, resulting in pregnancy, and STIs, people can get hurt (emotionally). As I've said twice now if a woman is sleeping with several men a week, many who she won't even see again, then it's unlikely that she will know who the father of her child is. If contraceptions fails in a relationship then at least they will know who the father is, who may stay by the mother. Also, people who sleep around but still use contraception are still more likely to have an STI than someone who doesn't sleep around and also uses contraception.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.