Turn on thread page Beta

Two young girls raped by 6 footballers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The footballers deserve it & took full advantage !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arenas123)
    I went to my dads work with him today and went for a walk with one of the nurses whom I've known for a few years. We ended up at that place with all the babies and you can look out at all of them.

Then I come home and read this ? I can't understand what happens to a girl in 11 years to make her go from the cute little babies I've seen today to become what this girl has become. It's absolutely vile.

Feel so sorry for the parents as well. I mean it has clearly been mentioned that the dad was trying to stop them from leaving. Imagine how he must feel ? He failed to stop his daughter from going out and she has sex with 5 men around 10 years older than her.

This kind of stuff makes me not want to have kids. Seriously, it's depressing as hell for me. I was overcome by baby fever today but never mind the fact some children become like this, how do you bring a child into a world that is even like this ?

I'm sat here in absolute disbelief at that article.
    I have the same feelings but mine are directed at society and modern life. Its not the kids are different nowadays. Its our society thats making them act this way.

I absolutely loathe the fact that girls try to grow up as quickly as possible. They dress like adults they try and dress slutty. Like people have said they've seen 12 year old girls that look 16. Why do they do it?? Some family member I added on facebook out of courtesy quit facebook and changed the account to her daughters name and let her use it. Shes about 13 I think, her first status updates?? "Why are boys so confusng?" "Oh my god I've wasted so much time on him, sitting on my sofa wondering why do I bother"

For gods sake you're a child act like one. Kids really do have no childhood anymore I sound like a moaning old man but its true I'm only 18 and even I see it. MTV trash tv. All *******s.

tl;dr Stupid pop culture and society is engineering our children to be sexualised at younger and younger ages. I cringe to think what the state of play will be in 50 years time, comparing how much attitutes have changed over the last 50 years. What the hell will the future hold?? Kids having sex at 9???

ReputationRep:
    the girls should of been put in a young offenders institute or something. They lied about their age which caused these men to go to jail. But what the men got was fair and i agree with that. I feel sorry for the girls, 12 year old girls are very stupid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insoms)
    I have the same feelings but mine are directed at society and modern life. Its not the kids are different nowadays. Its our society thats making them act this way.

I absolutely loathe the fact that girls try to grow up as quickly as possible. They dress like adults they try and dress slutty. Like people have said they've seen 12 year old girls that look 16. Why do they do it?? Some family member I added on facebook out of courtesy quit facebook and changed the account to her daughters name and let her use it. Shes about 13 I think, her first status updates?? "Why are boys so confusng?" "Oh my god I've wasted so much time on him, sitting on my sofa wondering why do I bother"

For gods sake you're a child act like one. Kids really do have no childhood anymore I sound like a moaning old man but its true I'm only 18 and even I see it. MTV trash tv. All *******s.

tl;dr Stupid pop culture and society is engineering our children to be sexualised at younger and younger ages. I cringe to think what the state of play will be in 50 years time, comparing how much attitutes have changed over the last 50 years. What the hell will the future hold?? Kids having sex at 9???
    Agree completely.

It's bull. Oh and god forbid parents try and step in, they become overbearing and overprotective. Society ridicules them for not "letting their children go".

Parents have to accept their childrens mistakes. I can't remember the last time I saw a child get adequate punishment for something they had done. People wonder why society is in the crapper. When I worked at an old folks home once a man told me that if he could start his life again as a child he wouldn't do it. He'd rather die then live life again in these times. He told me that "humanity was gone and people let their vices control their actions and they disguise this as "progressing" and "moving with the times" or "becoming more liberal"."

I've heard some ridiculous stories on TSR as well. People that do certain things and just think it's ok. People mocked for being close to their families and people talking about how parents need to let go etc. Parents are basically being forced to let their children go otherwise they are "overprotective". Kids have no respect these days, I mean I was bad with the way I was to my parents but some of the stuff I see these days ? Kids think they can get away with murder.

Take this girl for example. What's gonna happen to her exactly ? Everyone will say how sorry they feel for her but what the hell happened to consequences ? When did it become ok for people to make mistakes ? As long as they say afterwards "Yes I made a mistake and I'm sorry" they get away with everything. I don't remember the last time someone said sorry to me and actually meant it. The words thrown around like a get out of jail free card these days.

I've been pretty convicted recently about having kids in my future. Despite being young and not ruling it out, I really don't think I'm gonna want to have them anymore. I lose more of my faith in humanity every day, with every story like this.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised no one said jailbait yet.

ReputationRep:
    12 years old? Disgusting. At 12 I was into Thundercats and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. What were these footballers thinking? And what were these 12 year olds thinking? Do girls aged 12 need sex?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Be fair it is the Reading academy they had no future anyway.

ReputationRep:
    absolutely disgusting. the raped children..... 12 year old are children to me. no matter under which cirsumstances it happened. but footballers have a huge ego. they think the world is theirs. I was a cheerleader when I was younger for Berlin Thunder and the guys made me sick sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    It could be worse. The girls did consent to it, or even rather encouraged the gang of six going by the wording of the article.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cynthi007)
    absolutely disgusting. the raped children..... 12 year old are children to me. no matter under which cirsumstances it happened. but footballers have a huge ego. they think the world is theirs. I was a cheerleader when I was younger for Berlin Thunder and the guys made me sick sometimes.
    I really don't see what the footballers' ego has to do with this.

The girls approached footballers, asked for sex, and said they were 16...

ReputationRep:
    The judge's summing up sort of baffled me -

He said: "Having said that, it is clear to me that all of you were utterly reckless in what you did that night.

"These girls were entirely unknown to you. You saw these girls as willing sexual partners, which they were, and behaved towards them as if they were simply pieces of flesh, not people.
    "By acting as you did, you will have confirmed in them twisted views of what sex is about and further entrenched in them thoroughly inappropriate behaviour."
    It seems that he convicted them simply for being irresponsible. Not one part of his summing up points to anything illegal, though I'm sure that isn't the full summing up. Fortunately or unfortunately, there is no possible defence for a 16+ year old having sexual contact with a girl who is 12 or younger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonty99)
    I really don't see what the footballers' ego has to do with this.

The girls approached footballers, asked for sex, and said they were 16...
    that is the point. they didn´t queston it. even at the age of 16 they would have been too young.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cynthi007)
    that is the point. they didn´t queston it. even at the age of 16 they would have been too young.
    Why would they question it?

If you were about to have sex with a man, would you expect him to ask you for ID?

ReputationRep:
    I dunno about you guys but I can tell a 12 year old apart from a 16 year old. If they were 14-15 I don't think it would really have been a public interest case since she instigated the whole thing, but 12 is just wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arenas123)
    I went to my dads work with him today and went for a walk with one of the nurses whom I've known for a few years. We ended up at that place with all the babies and you can look out at all of them.

Then I come home and read this ? I can't understand what happens to a girl in 11 years to make her go from the cute little babies I've seen today to become what this girl has become. It's absolutely vile.

Feel so sorry for the parents as well. I mean it has clearly been mentioned that the dad was trying to stop them from leaving. Imagine how he must feel ? He failed to stop his daughter from going out and she has sex with 5 men around 10 years older than her.

This kind of stuff makes me not want to have kids. Seriously, it's depressing as hell for me. I was overcome by baby fever today but never mind the fact some children become like this, how do you bring a child into a world that is even like this ?

I'm sat here in absolute disbelief at that article.
    Kids grow up and start having sex. Is it really that shocking? Why does the idea of people having sex for enjoyment actually manage to depress you?

ReputationRep:
    Reading again in the news for a similar story...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    I know quite a few girls who I went to school with who were having sex at 12.
    I know why the restrictions are there, but I know the girls I went to school with were perfectly in control and knew what they were doing, so it seems horrible that these men's lives have been ruined simply because they didn't check out the girls' ages properly.
    And at my school now, I feel kids are learning about this younger than say people who are now 17+

Don't see how you confuse a 12 year old with a 16 year old, and more to the point if you're queuing for sex in a park no less...still all parties to blame if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe it's just human nature...

Why should kids/teenagers conform to what your idea of childhood is?

Kids are only having sex younger because they are growing up faster. No one forced that 12 year old girl to go out and seek out sex, she did that out of her own free will. She actively organised and planned to go and have sex. At that age it is normal to feel urges, what's wrong with learning early and experimentation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anti-duck)
    It seems that he convicted them simply for being irresponsible. Not one part of his summing up points to anything illegal, though I'm sure that isn't the full summing up. Fortunately or unfortunately, there is no possible defence for a 16+ year old having sexual contact with a girl who is 12 or younger.
    True, the judge called them reckless, but reckless for what? Simply breaking the law. Nobody was harmed, if the parents hadn't realised they were missing nobody would have been the wiser and life would have gone on.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.