Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello TSR.

Basically, I've received an offer for a LLB Law Degree with a Year Abroad in English (M108) at Warwick starting in Oct 2011.

However, i'm now having doubts about whether I actually want the year abroad, yet I potentially still want to go to Warwick.

Would you reckon there is any chance they'd allow me to switch the standard 3 years LLB Law course?

Note: The 4 year course is exactly the same content and everything, except you go abroad for third year (English so no language extras) and do what would usually be the third and final year in your fourth year.

Also, if there is a chance, who would I contact to go about asking for a switch?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    There's a chance they may switch the offer since they've already given you one. I'd contact the admissions office asap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popdrops)
    There's a chance they may switch the offer since they've already given you one. I'd contact the admissions office asap.
    Thanks for the advice. I've sent admissions an email enquiring whether it's possible.

In my opinion, I don't see much a problem as it's not like i'm really changing course, as I'd be doing the exact same in the first two years anyway then just spending a year abroad before doing what I would've done in my 3rd year in my fourth.

But then again, I'd have thought they wouldn't be too keen on allowing people to change courses/offers.

So, I guess i'll have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniiel)
    Thanks for the advice. I've sent admissions an email enquiring whether it's possible.

In my opinion, I don't see much a problem as it's not like i'm really changing course, as I'd be doing the exact same in the first two years anyway then just spending a year abroad before doing what I would've done in my 3rd year in my fourth.

But then again, I'd have thought they wouldn't be too keen on allowing people to change courses/offers.

So, I guess i'll have to wait and see.
    Seeing as you just want to change the duration and not the actual course, I'd say they're very likely to change it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Seeing as you just want to change the duration and not the actual course, I'd say they're very likely to change it.
    Thanks, made me feel optimistic about it now.

Technically it is changing course with course name, from M108 to M100, but also technically isn't as i'd be doing the same thing in the same place at the same time (with exception of shifting 3rd to 4th year) either way.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The standard course is likely to be more popular which means they may be unwilling to give out any more offers, or they may give you a higher offer

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.