Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Greenwich ask for a £400 deposit, how exactly is this paid? Is is paid in full on a set deadline or can you pay bits of it?

    How is the rent paid? Monthly? Yearly and is this covered by your Maintenance loan?

    I'm a first year and live in halls at avery hill, I only paid a £200 deposit last year but I dont know if its gone up this year which it possibly could have because room rates have gone up ever so slightly! However much the deposit is this year it will need to be paid in full to secure your room, u will recieve an email saying when and how it will need to be paid by. As for paying rent everyone has the option of paying termly or monthly, all the details on how to pay are given to u on the day u move in. I've found it easier just going to the accommodation office and using my card to pay my rent via chip and pin whenever my loan come thru. And, yes the maintenance loan will cover all of your rent and u should have some left over for yourself

University open days

  1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.