Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been learning how to play acoustic guitar for a few months now, and i wanna start singing along while im playing instead of just playing only. Problem is i feel like my vocals are just absolutely terrible, i've recorded myself and heard myself play and sing, but i don't know how to improve, and also english isn't my first language but it's not like i have a strong accent or anything, it just sounds really off-scale, any tips? :/

ReputationRep:
    no.

edit: op, if you want to neg-rep me then at least man up about it and quote me.

stupid tone-deaf b1tch

ReputationRep:
    The best thing you could do is take singing lessons but if that's too expensive/impractical, lots of people have posted videos with vocal exercises on YouTube
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If you look I'm sure that someone will have uploaded tutorials online, maybe on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    Singing is one of those things where you either have a natural ability to improve or you don't. I fit into the latter sadly (unless singing like a newborn baby girl is considered good :sigh:). So it's unlikely you'll become a world class singer if the base talent isn't there. However, you can always prove me wrong!

I think a good thing to try though might be harmonising with your favourite singers. I sometimes do it along with some Bury Tommorrow/Sylosis songs or Drake. Don't waste money on vocal lessons. Just pratice along with your favourite vocalists and see where that takes you.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you're asking. Are you after tuning improvement or vocal strength. If you're worried about being off key you might want to try a pitch pipe, try matching the notes. Practice scales and within a few weeks there should be an improvement, you might not be a Barbara Streisand but it should be better

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.