Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bread, glorious bread! watch

ReputationRep:
    I am yet to meet someone (celiacs not inc.) who do not adore bread in one way or another! Some like it toasted, some plain, some crustless, some processed into crumbs and stuck on the top of another dish. Some like it eggy, others like it fried and some like it covered in beans and cheese. Do we go brown, wholemeal, white or best of both? Seeds or no seeds?! I can honestly say I would struggle to enjoy my life if you were to take my bread away.

But, what is the BEST way to have bread? If you were told you could only ever use it in one form, which would you choose?

For me, I think it'd have to be using bread in a triangle toastie. Full of beans, ham and lots of cheese! Crisp, warm and utterly yummy.

ReputationRep:
    Marmite on toast

ooh yum :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Freshly baked white bread, still warm from the bakers oven, slathered with butter, or with cheese melted onto it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yes bread is indeed amazing

ReputationRep:
    My mum's soda bread

ReputationRep:
    Warm baguette with a bit of cheese.

ReputationRep:
    Baguette with anything in it tbh

ReputationRep:
    It's strange that when you've got the munchies the food you eat seems to lower itself in food status.
    Right at the top you've got your rocky road bites and chinese chicken bites, then come out the custard creams and noodles, and after everything else you end up thinking "Man, I'm still so hungry, I wonder what else there is to ea... BREAD!"

ReputationRep:
    Breads bad mmmkay.

ReputationRep:
    I gave up bread for lent. So I will be lusting over this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Think pieces of bread with bug crusts.

Stuffed with expensive delicious ham and cheese
    and maybe a bit of Philadelphia.

I think i came.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    It's strange that when you've got the munchies the food you eat seems to lower itself in food status.
    Right at the top you've got your rocky road bites and chinese chicken bites, then come out the custard creams and noodles, and after everything else you end up thinking "Man, I'm still so hungry, I wonder what else there is to ea... BREAD!"
    Very true! I think bread just fills a hole and satisfies that need for comfort food that a lot of these fussy foods can not. Plus, it's soft and tasty! Jesus had the right idea, not sure about the fish though, or sharing with 5000 others..

Hot bread with butter is just ****ing amazing. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    99% of pedophiles are chronic bread users you fools

ReputationRep:
    I love the Tiger bread but I also love poppy seeds. Margarine on both sides with a slice of turkey. :sogood:

Fresh and warm straight out of the oven (ok, proper bakery) and a piece of strong cheese like cheddar and some good quality ham.

ReputationRep:
    Be careful with those yeast infections, now.

ReputationRep:
    Mmmmm bread :sogood:

Those traditional freshly baked bread loaves are divine...although I eat the regular kingsmill ones on a daily basis. Bread goes with everything

ReputationRep:
    Tiger bread, Granary baguettes and fruit loaf. This thread makes me said and hungry however, as I gave up wheat for lent. It's KILLING me.

BREAD FO LYF

ReputationRep:
    I restrict myself to only two slices a day. It's hard.

And I prefer the wholemeal bread my mum makes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.