Turn on thread page Beta

I have been in my job for 3 years and its has got to the stage that the work overload which has been highlighted just keeps getting ignored and has caused me an anxiety disorder in recent months. A job at the same company has come up and people have told me I should apply as I will get more experience and not feel as pressured.

I want to apply as I know that I will cope better in that department and not have to do my supervisors job which I am doing at the moment as she cannot be bothered. My colleague is going to uni in September and the department will get worse.

Everytime I have tried to ask people about the job today for some reason she ends up walking past, its like I am being monitored and she has said before she doesn't want me to leave but the job and moaning customers is making me ill. I don't know what to say if I get invited to an interview as I will need to let my supervisor know I am unavailable those times - she can be intimidating.

ReputationRep:
    You say you're sick and tired of doing your boss' job. But you sound like you are making excuses:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know what to say if I get invited to an interview as I will need to let my supervisor know I am unavailable those times - she can be intimidating.
    You have to keep in mind that your current job is not the only job in the world. Sooner or later, you and your boss will have to face the fact that she cannot make you do anything that you don't want to do.

It all boils down to how much you want this new job, as opposed to how much you are willing to continue to accept your boss' sh!t and intimidation.

Anyway, whatever you choose to do, good luck!

I know I must do it for my own sanity but if people ask why I am applying I don't know how to sound positive.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.