The Student Room Group

Where to buy a periodic table online?

Forgive me if this question seems rather dull, but I'm not the most seasoned online shopper.

I am looking for a reasonably large periodic table; 80+cm width and height. Also the price should be no more then 8 pounds.

Again I must mention that I know I could google this; but as mentioned I am not a 'seasoned' online shopper and would rather not lose my credit card to a crooked online fraudster!

Many thanks.
Reply 2
if its for a course I would recommend saving the exam board one as an image go on the boots photo website or something similar and upload it and choose what size you want. then you would have the exact masses that your exam board uses since they aren't written as exactly the same on different ones.
http://www.bootsphoto.com/shop/wall-decor/poster-prints
Reply 3

Though the size and price is good, its a rather ugly one. I would prefer just white and black!
Reply 4
Look on poster websites.. they tend to have them. Not normally a black and white one though..
Reply 5
it is quite pathetic that i have to know the elements and their positions in the periodic table by heart...sigh
Reply 6
Original post by shengoc
it is quite pathetic that i have to know the elements and their positions in the periodic table by heart...sigh

ALL of them??
Reply 7
Original post by boba
ALL of them??

up to actinides
Reply 8
Original post by shengoc
up to actinides

mass numbers?
Original post by tracker1
Forgive me if this question seems rather dull, but I'm not the most seasoned online shopper.

I am looking for a reasonably large periodic table; 80+cm width and height. Also the price should be no more then 8 pounds.

Again I must mention that I know I could google this; but as mentioned I am not a 'seasoned' online shopper and would rather not lose my credit card to a crooked online fraudster!

Many thanks.

Do what I did with A-Level Chemistry and draw out the PT on a large sheet of paper. It helps you remember where all the elements etc. go.

Man A-Levels seem like such a long time ago!
Reply 10
Original post by boba
mass numbers?

nah, only the common ones.

it is their position in periodic table that governs their bonding and properties.
Reply 11
Original post by shengoc
nah, only the common ones.

it is their position in periodic table that governs their bonding and properties.

lol no I mean what are the mass numbers of the things you have no learn up to I don't know what they are but it would of given me some sort of idea

** actually I meant proton numbers >.<
Reply 12
Original post by boba
lol no I mean what are the mass numbers of the things you have no learn up to I don't know what they are but it would of given me some sort of idea

** actually I meant proton numbers >.<

haha, seems like you are pretty interested about this!:wink:
Reply 13
Original post by shengoc
haha, seems like you are pretty interested about this!:wink:

I'm interested in how much your expected to remember why on earth can't you just use a periodic table :eek:
Reply 14
Original post by boba
I'm interested in how much your expected to remember why on earth can't you just use a periodic table :eek:

stupid enough, we aren't provided periodic table in exams.
Reply 15
Original post by shengoc
stupid enough, we aren't provided periodic table in exams.

:| that sounds awful
Reply 16
Original post by boba
:| that sounds awful

it is at first, but then i can recall configurations easily and dealing lots with transition metals, they do come handy.

Quick Reply

Latest