pulling an all nighter Watch

__Dreams__
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
tonight i will be trying to finish my essay overnight, im wondering if you have any tips for me?

by the way before you assume the assignment ts due tommorow it isnt :rolleyes:

i just want to get this done tonight so i can get it out of the way

so as i was saying,

any advice ?? :confused:

:tsr:

ty dreams
dani_88
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Erm... coffee and/or red bull!

In all seriousness, if you get tired then stop and do some more tomorrow! If you carry on when you're really tired your essay wont be written to the best of your ability!

Good luck with it btw!
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Plan it as much as possible beforehand so if you get tired you know what you're doing. Try to have all of the research done if possible.
ellewoods
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
* have coffee to keep you going but alternate with large glasses of water to keep you hydrated and keep your concentration levels up
* make a clear essay plan to keep you focused
* keep your bedroom window open a bit / keep the room cool so you don't feel lulled to sleep by the warmth
* if you get stuck / start losing inspiration, move on to something you understand a bit better to keep motivated
* if you can do it in segments, do the easier bits first to boost your confidence and get the momentum going
* if you really can't do anymore just stop - I know you want to get it done, but you won't do yourself any favours trying to write when you've had enough, get some sleep instead.

good luck
qwerty_st/n
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
plenty of coffee/tea
plenty of water
food to snack on as you go along
fresh air
intermittent breaks - an absolute must, imo
if you feel yourself getting tired, have a nap for a couple of hours and set your alarm so you dont sleep too long

thats what i usually do when i have to stay up all night

good luck - you'll need it
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by __Dreams__)
tonight i will be trying to finish my essay overnight, im wondering if you have any tips for me?

by the way before you assume the assignment ts due tommorow it isnt :rolleyes:

i just want to get this done tonight so i can get it out of the way

so as i was saying,

any advice ?? :confused:

:tsr:

ty dreams
Don't bother doing all night unless you've got something in for the next day. You'll just waste so much time making stupid mistakes you wouldn't have done if you were alert, and even more catching up on lost sleep.
kalen
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Typing with my headphones on and some good music usually helps me staying awake.
__Dreams__
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
i spose it isnt that much work :cool:

i just get distracted, so i know ill be going into the early hours of the morning :rolleyes:
Poison Ivy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Drink lotsa red bull to keep you awake also I find that after 3 it's ok.
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have never been able to do all nighters. The best I can manage is until midnight lol. My brain seems to die at about 10pm! :eek:
Dee27
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Most people prob do this anyways, but keeping the main light on helps a lot. I used to just use the lamp on my desk & never understood why i kept nodding off...not that i understand any more now, but yeah. moral of the story: light helps
hanadeka2002
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't drink too much coffee or you will be shaking and twitchy and unable to concentrate.Have maybe,a cup every 90 mins or something.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I do one every couple of weeks - plenty of water and a triple shot latte helps!
Checking for Spies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
When you're feeling tired get up and have a dance! Trust me it works a treat...! I'm thinking of pulling an all-nighter myself tonight..
sparkly_tiara
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Oh dear, i have become an expert on this sort of thing this week! I haven't pulled all nighters for a few months to be honest but i have been getting up at 5am everday to do work, working all day (lessons and doing work in free periods, only stopping for lunch/ dinner/ travelling home on foot!) and then working until midnight! I feel awful for it, i can't keep my eyes open! My mouth tastes funny too lol! To keep me going, i have been having lots of espresso coffee, listening to music loudly on my ipod, drinking water and telling myself it will all be worth it when i get to uni! Oh, and be prepared for tears of frustration/ despair if this is a regular thing!

Anyway, i need another coffee!

Lou
xxx
Iscariot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm sorry, but caffeine is death for all over night attempts at study. I don't feel caffeine helps you stay alive at all when you have to concentrate. It makes you feel distracted and agitated. Drinking a lot of water and eating light, fresh foods such as oranges and yogurt will help keep you awake and energetic. While Red Bull will most definately get you feeling pumped up, I don't believe it will help you with your assignment.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no sugary/caffine drinks. you drink loads then dip when you dont have any more/run out and thats baaaad
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Eat little and often. Pasta, bananas and cereal are good things to have. Hot food helps to warm you from the inside and gives you more energy. I would recommend tea rather than coffee, and Lucozade rather than Red Bull. When you feel you need a break, go and have a shower and you will feel relaxed and less tired afterwards. Make it a warm, but not hot one.
jointhedots
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If you start to get really tired, go and have a quick shower. Hopelessly inconvenient and will probably piss your flatmates off no end, but it always wakes me up really well.
mousey
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My tip for finishing your essay tonight is to get off TSR. xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (24)
17.39%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (54)
39.13%
Nope, not that interesting (60)
43.48%

Watched Threads