Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Saw a person cheat back in January, unsure on what to do. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Basically in my Geography class before the January exam, I saw a girl writing stuff on her arm, and openly admit that she was going to cheat, a few other people saw this, but honestly I never said anything partially because of test anxiety and just being completely unsure on what to do..

So on results day, I did pretty good, (got an A ) and so did she, however she was really shouting about it and pretty much pee'd off half the class, especially some of my friends who never did as well and knew she never deserved it due to cheating.

It's really playing on my mind, because I don't really care about her, yet I don't want to wreck her A levels and consequentially her uni application. =/

Obviously it's to late to declare she's cheating 2 months after the exam, however I have a feeling she's dumb enough to do it again in June,

What would you do?

ReputationRep:
    I'd do nothing.

ReputationRep:
    tell her parents...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazelsaurus)
    Hi,

Basically in my Geography class before the January exam, I saw a girl writing stuff on her arm, and openly admit that she was going to cheat, a few other people saw this, but honestly I never said anything partially because of test anxiety and just being completely unsure on what to do..

So on results day, I did pretty good, (got an A ) and so did she, however she was really shouting about it and pretty much pee'd off half the class, especially some of my friends who never did as well and knew she never deserved it due to cheating.

It's really playing on my mind, because I don't really care about her, yet I don't want to wreck her A levels and consequentially her uni application. =/

Obviously it's to late to declare she's cheating 2 months after the exam, however I have a feeling she's dumb enough to do it again in June,

What would you do?
    You should have taken a picture of her arm at the time. You could have sent the picture to the Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
    As the old saying goes "she's only cheating herself". It's certainly true, if she goes on like it then she'll perform poorly when it matters at uni etc. It's not your exam she cheated on so there shouldn't be a problem , only care about your own education; you're the only one doing it!

If you do like telling someone, like the teachers, there's no harm in going to them in confidence and saying what she did! I would do it, if it were me. I hate cheaters.

ReputationRep:
    just let her cheat, at least you know you didn't and thats what matters. Im not going to say if shes cheating shes only cheating herself because she could cheat her way thought her exams and get an A and get places lol

ReputationRep:
    Lol I wouldn't really care
    she's taking the risk by cheating if she gets caught she's basically ****ed
    Just focus on you :l

Gratz on the A btw

ReputationRep:
    If you cheat, you only cheat yourself. She will pay for it when she starts university and its obvious she hasn't a clue or maybe when she's in the working world.

ReputationRep:
    Worry thee not. She will get her just desserts

:ninja2:

ReputationRep:
    Call the police.

ReputationRep:
    After 2 months? Nobody will believe you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

What would you do?
    Just keep your mouth shut u snitch.

ReputationRep:
    Leave it.

ReputationRep:
    If you say anything now, You're going to look like a petty little person who was miffed that someone you don't like did well. You should have turned her in then and there; not only does she have an unfair advantage herself but due to the adjusting grade boundary system she also disadvantaged everyone else, no matter how small the effect may have been.

If I were you, I'd watch out for it in June, and you find her doing it, Turn her in. If she's writing things on her arm, then i suggest when everyone's seated in the exam hall you should put your hand up and tell and invigilator, that way she's trapped and they can prove it.

Don't feel guilty about ratting her out. If she's cheating, it's all she deserves; silly girl.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

What would you do?
    If you had spoken up then and there you might have achieved something but there is nothing you can do now.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, pathetic. I don't how people have time to worry stuff like this! Don't you have problems of your own?!

ReputationRep:
    If she was really bad then she wouldn't have got an A just from writing stuff on her arm... if I were you I wouldn't tell because that seems to me to be disproportionate. Perhaps tacitly show her the bad side, like by telling her stories of people in exams who have been caught cheating etc.

ReputationRep:
    What can you do? Got no proof yo.

Sure, it may have deprived someone worthy and honest of a place at uni but there's not really much can do now.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do anything. There's no point. Like many have said, she's only cheating on herself

ReputationRep:
    Subtley/annonymously tell a teacher, but say that you don't want to ruin her A-levels? She'd probably receive a warning from the teacher and would probably not risk it in June. That way, you're not responsible for wreking her A-levels but at the same time you've stopped her cheating.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.