Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I think college is making me ill, advice? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Yes, I know: go and see a doctor. I intend to, but I'd still like to know what the student population can suggest.

    Potentially long story short: someone very dear to me died in late December (as some of you know), and it has made me completely unproductive on my HND course at college. I'm three assignments behind, and I haven't started my project yet - the three assignments were due in the first week of January, and the project is due in a month or two. When I'm not finding myself staring at the screen unable to drive myself to work, I'm uninterested and don't care. I've been suffering from a bad stomach and bad guts since going back to college: this includes vomiting, constipation, and diarrhoea. I'm scared now, because if I don't finish this year's work before Summer, I'm out, because ours is the last year of course I'm on; and also I can't afford another year's study.

    In your opinions, what should I do? Like I said, I intend to go to the doctor (will ring tomorrow morning, or Monday if they aren't open), but what would you, as my peers, suggest?

    I don't think it's directly college, sounds like stress. Ask for help from your teachers?

    Has your college noticed or said anything to you about your work? Talk to your personal tutor, they should be able to refer you to counselling or some form of personal workload helper who'll help you get back on track.

    If you find that you can't finish all of your assignments by the time they need to be examined, I'm sure your college could help you apply for special consideration to ensure that your marks aren't too low.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.