Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi guys,

Basically, I'm currently working at a place which i reaaaally love and think it's ace. However the pay is crap compared to my new job (River Island). My current job is full time hours on weekends and mon-fri i go to uni.

I've read loads of reviews about working for River Island (new job) saying it's a rubbish place to work for and managers are really nasty but the pay is better and being a student it counts a lot! With this job I'm not working full days on weekends as well, it's just part time hours which is what i need. Because at the end of the day my studies will come first.

I'm just worried about the transition and if management there isn't nice then I'm going to hate it and not look forward to work. I've read that, they sometimes make you stay after your shift, and sometimes they don't give you proper breaks.

I really need advice because it's affecting my health. I'm normally a really bubbly person and my friends have noticed the difference in my behaviour. It may seem like a small situation to you all but its ridiculous how it's affecting my mood and behviour. Oh i'm male btw.

Hope you guys can help, please don't post anything nasty!

Just because you read that doesn't mean that you're store will be like that. And if it is then you can just quit or file a complaint.

Or if it worries you that much, stay at your current job.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.