Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For example

If you saved money in an account (lets say £10,000 - i have nowhere near that amount) would they check before giving you the loans if I put the details for that bank account down?

Im only eligible for the 75% non means tested part of the loan anyway due to my parents income. Would I still be able to get this with savings in the bank account or would they reject me on the basis that I have money saved to pay for my accommodation and living?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    For example

If you saved money in an account (lets say £10,000 - i have nowhere near that amount) would they check before giving you the loans if I put the details for that bank account down?

Im only eligible for the 75% non means tested part of the loan anyway due to my parents income. Would I still be able to get this with savings in the bank account or would they reject me on the basis that I have money saved to pay for my accommodation and living?
    They don't check, and afaik you don't have to declare any savings unless you own land/property.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    They don't check, and afaik you don't have to declare any savings unless you own land/property.
    okay thank you for that!

im finding the whole thing annoying to be honest. I've completed the application and now its asking me to send in evidence so i'll choose a passport. Why the hell does it want me to provide a P60 or a payslip? I'm applying for a non means tested loan so therefore my parents income shouldn't be taken into account so I won't need to provide there financial details but why do I need to provide mine? I won't be working during university doing the same job im currently doing so my current pay slips are irrelevant.

:/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.